PDA

View Full Version : Is it truning into social anxiety?

Two heads
29-04-06, 16:00
Lately im worrying about how im going to feel when i go out.I mean i worry im going to get that horrible wave and go into panic in front of people,am i developing social anxiety?I have to go out tonight for my sisters brithday and im worrying and dont really want to go at the moment!xx

Piglet
29-04-06, 17:04
Funnily enough I actually think this is at the basis of my agoraphobia too even though I don't consider myself shy in any way shape or form, it is at the crux of why I don't like going out.

I think the advice I can give you here that has helped me somewhat is something Meg said some time ago. Instead of viewing the people around you as people to be embaressed in front of, view them as possible help if you were to have a panic attack!!!!

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Two heads
29-04-06, 18:01
Thanks piglet!I will try and think like that.I going to have to try and put it to the back of my mind every time that wave of fear comes over me!Wish me luck!xxx

Two heads
30-04-06, 00:58
Well i just thought i would let you no piglet that i had a great night out!Thanks for the advice!xx

Piglet
30-04-06, 11:35
Oh I am so glad mate - good on ya!!!!!:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

india
30-04-06, 16:13
Glad you had a good night out. I too have these worries about going out, but like Piglet am not shy at all! I think people who don't know about my probs wouldn't believe it if they knew! I always get in a state about going out, and then once i'm there end up being the life and soul!

Wishing you many more successes, India xx

Two heads
01-05-06, 21:11
Yes that was me sat all over india!Im not a shy person but since this all began i just feel so scared all the time hun.Thanks for your surport sweetxxx