PDA

View Full Version : I Need a Cig! Please Help

Markooos
12-07-11, 19:35
Hi i'm currently suffering with depression and HA, I had a breakdown about 3 weeks ago and i am now strugging to cope again,

I stopped smoking 18 months ago but dont know how much longer i can keep off them just need the 5 minutes break and relaxation to try and get out of my own head.

Over the last week i have gone thru every feeling of feeling ill or as if somethng bad was due to happen now the depression is unbarable again.

I have been to the docs today who says i should see a phsychiatrist i am dreading this too

Sorry if this is a bit garbelled but not really with it

Mark x

snowgoose
12-07-11, 19:48
hello Markoos:)

so sorry to hear you are feeling so distressed . What else is your doctor doing to help you re meds ,therapy etc ?
hang on.hang on . things will get better honestly although your life seems so awful now . lots of us here understand :hugs:
re the smokes ..........your quit is fantastic .......huge back pats ........know how hard it is .

dont light up again please ............it wont help at all after first puff .....and you will be back to starting again ...........wanting to be back to where you are now .
smoking increases anxiety ..........constantly feeding the nicotine demon ...you know this anyway :yesyes:

stay strong and post here for support .......let us know how you are xx

Markooos
12-07-11, 20:13
Sorry forget to mention i'm on sertraline 100mg i started on citalapram but it didn't agree with me,
Doctor also refered me for CBT but she feels this is taking oo long and i am still getting worse and i just feel i have nothing left to give.

I dont know wether i'd rather be happier but have a smoking habit or completely wrecked and be smoke free.

Mark x

snowgoose
12-07-11, 20:32
hello again Mark

guess it is early days with the setraline still ? have no experience of these meds but lots of others here will help you with any worries .
therapy in the NHS seems to take ages .....it is a scandal really given the govt put money into talking therapy last year :mad:

re smoking ........so get the thought you are having that it would help .
done it loads of times myself .............just this pack while I am so stressed and unhappy..........it wont take away your pain Mark .........just add to it with a feeling of failure and health worry ..never mind the money .
try to not smoke if you can Mark .....your quit is so good now xxxxxx
but have been there :blush:......and so regretted it after .

take care :hugs:

Hazel B
12-07-11, 21:23
Hi, I stopped smoking in May last year and have never regretted it. I saw a beloved relative die from lung cancer and it made me realise that it kills. It also made my stress and anxiety worse, please try to stay off the fags if you can. You've done so well.

Pink_Girl
19-07-11, 21:56
Hi Mark

I am a smoker. Have given up a number of times and always gone back to it. What I will say to you in regard to you being desperate for a cigarette is that my experience recently has been although I have felt that I needed to smoke whenever I have I have felt much more panicky and even slightly more depressed whilst smoking. For you, it may not be the same, it may help massively, however it sounds like you are feeling very down at the moment and it is my opinion that if you started smoking again it may make you feel worse just because it may make you feel that you have given up and given in.

In terms of how you are feeling in general....there is light at the end of the tunnel and you will feel better....unfortunately these things just take time.

Txxx