PDA

View Full Version : feeling like something is stuck in throat??

bexy84
13-07-11, 11:18
Has anyone ever had this feeling where it feels like something is stuck in your throat?? It doesn't hurt or isn't swollen just annoying like I need to swallow or maybe cough to get rid of it , xx

LiveAboveIt
15-07-11, 05:35
Haha, I'm pretty sure we've all had that problem. :)

english rose
16-07-11, 22:25
hi i developed that a few weeks back! was seen by ent clinic and they used a small scope up my nose and to my throat and said all was normal and most certainly caused by anxiety. its called globus and they advised me to avoid coughing and excessive swallowing! it eased after a few days but they said i would be prone to it and if i control the cough etc in periods of anxiety i should be ok x

benjamin222
17-07-11, 08:05
Yup. Been dealing with that symptom for years now, it's incredibly common for anxiety sufferers.

AnxiousEm
17-07-11, 08:47
I love that I come on to moan about feeling like I got a hair or something in my throat and and lo someone else saying more or less same!

I've had the lump in my throat when I had really bad period of anxiety (signed off work with it) and a feeling like my tongues too big!

I'm pretty sure the hair thing is the next focus for me as I've been fretting about my jaw, now that doesn't hurt and this thing in my throat back of my mouth is winding me up....grrrrrrr

I wish anxiety would vacate my head, its so tiring worrying all the time!!