PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

katelyn
29-04-06, 18:18
Ok here we go. Had panic attack while studying for highers and first year of university which was 10 years ago. Since them because of the fibromyalgia I have had to really start from the bottom and work up both socially and emotionally as well as a career. For the last 5 years I have work as a classroom assistant in a primary school and have loved the job. It has, however, always been my aspiration to work as a primary teacher. On valentine's day i found out that I had the place. The following week I got the first of 4 viruses. Leaving me with a slightly swollen but functioning thyroid gland and a small branchial cyst. Good I thought college is still a goer and I can just manage it like i did my fibromyalgia. That was when the difficulty swallowing began. My gp sent me immediately to ent and they said after inserting a camera up my nose and to the back of my throat that I was suffering from acid reflux and put me on Lanzoperazol. Yesterday it came to ahead when while at work that the problem got so bad I fainted and when I woke up I was a complete wreck. Husband took me to the hospital and they gave me 2 piritin and 1 prednisol and then said I looked better they were going to send me home. That i was to see my gp on tuesday and if this issue was going to be recurring I would have to ask about further investigations. When I asked him what they should be he said he was not going to give me any more ideas than I already have. Seeing doctor hopefully on tuesday as monday is a holiday. Back of throat feels like it is full of glut, constantly needing to belch causing pressure in my throat, spasm across throat, pins and needles in side of tongue and pressure under neck. Have been able to eat but takes along time and have to sleep with radion b and heat pack on my throat. Could i really been doing this to myself. I feel alot of guilt for the pressure my husband and I were under due to my last illness. Although he is wonderful and says I am wrong to feel guilty. I feel sad about leaving the kids and the environment that I feel safe in and perhaps moreso I feel afraid that I will not be good enough and fail to achieve my dream pushing us back into financial stress. Could this really be me doing this and if so how do I stop it

Spice
29-04-06, 18:50
Hi Katelyn

Welcome to the site.
Sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time right now.
If I were you I would perhaps contact HNS 24 and ask if you can see an on duty doctor or even get him to phone you back with advice if your symptoms don't seem to ease any. Waiting until Tuesday seems to be unacceptable if you are having problems eating and sleeping because of your symptoms.

Try to concentrate on getting yourself better and don't feel guilty about the effects this has on your husband and kids as with the right treatment I am sure you will be back to being yourself and a great Mum and Wife.
And you will be able to achieve your goal.

Take care

Love
Spice
xxx

Sometimes I give myself the creeps, Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me, It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up, Or am I just paranoid ..... Billie Joe Armstrong

trac67
30-04-06, 10:39
Hi Katelyn,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

susan
30-04-06, 17:03
Hi Hunny, I have Fibromyalgia too! God its awful isnt it! I get so tired and ache, especially my neck and thorasic region. You can have swallowing problems due to Fibromyalgia you know- look it up on the net. It also causes anxiety, but a false anxiety due to it depleting the seratonin levels. Also dizzyness and vision problems. ( and brain fog!)You might know this already, but my GP didnt- had it explained by consultant, then looked it up on web. Ive got swallowing problems off and on- consultant doesnt know if thats due to anxiety/ fibromyalgia/ other yet. Waiting for appointment for EMG and spinal tap test. Yuk! Hope your feeling better soon! All my best wishes, Susan.x

sue

Alexandra
30-04-06, 19:53
Hi Katelyn

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots ofhelp & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Karen
30-04-06, 21:42
Hi Katelyn

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

shiv
30-04-06, 21:44
Hi and welcome. You'll find some comfort here

Shiv x

xGURUx
01-05-06, 01:54
hello my name is simba and i have suffered with anxitey for twelve years onand of iused to smoke loads of dope and it tottaly screwed me up like probably many of you i was convinced i had abrain tumor and was going mad'

jackie
01-05-06, 17:08
yes you really could be doing this all to yuorself many of us have these symptoms day in and day out. i too have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but i try to ignore it as much as i can . easier said than done

hope you love it here as much as i do

jackie