PDA

View Full Version : Passing out

bevwilks
13-07-11, 16:42
Has anyone ever passed out during a anxiety or panic attack? A while ago i had been out for the day fishing with my husband and on the drive back (i was driving) i began with an anxiety attack i did my best to ignore it and carried on driving, after a while the tingling sensation in my legs got worse and had to pull over (we were on the motorway when this happened) my partner took over driving and i listened to my relaxation on my phone to chill out and relax. The next thing i remember was waking with a start and we were nearly home. My point is i don't remember fall asleep and don't believe i was asleep. Have you ever experianced this....

terror-x
13-07-11, 17:02
ive not passed out during them have felt like i nearlly have and i allways panic about that aswell thinking about it somtimes sets me a panic of but as of yet no i havent and ive had this for 9 years :)

honeybee3939
13-07-11, 17:49
Hi there

I used to get the feeling i was going to pass out too (but never did) its very rare for people with anxiety/panic to pass out because when you panic the blood pressure rises, you will only pass out if the blood pressure drops too low.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xx

debs71
13-07-11, 18:34
I haven't had that kind of passing out situation, but I have fainted twice during an anxiety/panic attack.

The first time I was at work, had just started my morning shift and was standing talking to the Sister on shift about my resignation and felt my anxiety rising and had to sit down. She asked if I was ok and I said I felt faint, and as she moved me to an area to lie down I just dropped and blacked out. Next thing I remember was lying on the floor and a doctor being called.

This was very strange all round as - like honeybee3939 said - during anxiety the BP should rise so you shouldn't pass out, however my BP was 70/40 when checked immediately after I fainted. The only thing I think is that I hyperventilated and that combined with the low BP caused me to faint.

The second time I had a panic attack whilst at the hairdressers, excused myself to the toilets to compose myself and fainted. So embarrassing, lying on the floor with half a head of highlights!!

I still feel faint regularly when I am anxious, mostly when I am standing in a queue in public somewhere, but I now use tehniques to distract myself, and so far, so good.

It is a horrible sensation though when you think you will pass out.xxx:bighug1:

bevwilks
13-07-11, 20:40
Thank you for your reply.s.