PDA

View Full Version : Yet another bad day

katiep
13-07-11, 21:13
Struggling slightly and cant get my head sorted.

If anyone is sent to a&e and doctors found something nasty in your blood, urine or x rays would they tell you right away?

or equally if you were sent for a c t scan and something was seen on the scan would u be allowed to go home or would you be referred to another department for treatment,
i know im talking in riddles but i posted earlier in the week about my hubby having a bad back and being sent for an x ray only to be sent through to a&e for a doctor to examine him, he had x rays taken and blood and urine tests along with some tests on his legs and movement etc he was scheduled in for a ct scan for the following week and was told he would go to a neurologist when he gets an appointment through but cos i have cancer and death phobia i have been panicking and worried that something else is wrong but no one is telling us,
my friends etc have said that if anything bad was going on we have to be told immediately, but im not sure..
sorry for repeating myself im just finding it tough at min x

TooWorried
13-07-11, 22:01
I really think that if there was something really worrisome, they wouldn't wait. I had a CT scan earlier this year, and a few days later the doctor's receptionist called me and left a message saying I'd need to come in to get the results. I had already made an appt for the following week, so I kindof freaked out, thinking this meant there was a major problem. I called back and she told me that was just routine, and she didn't know I already had an appt, but if there was a big problem, the doctor would have already called me herself. My results were normal.