PDA

View Full Version : palpitations

bexy84
14-07-11, 07:53
Has anyone had palpitations like this beat beat beat beatbeatbeatbeat beat beat beat it was a very light feeling I only felt it really because I had my hand on my pulse , my chest just felt wierd when it happened xx

Jj8
14-07-11, 09:20
Hi Bexy

Yes I have had exactly the same. I feel it in my chest it's like a fluttering feeling. Can I ask do you smoke? I have quit in the hope that it will stop them xx

bexy84
14-07-11, 10:35
Hello, thanks for reply, no I don't smoke, mine all started around 10 yrs ago when I suffered thyroid issues, the thyroid got sorted but the palps stayed!! X

terror-x
14-07-11, 11:10
yes i have had the exact same aswell bexy could be an adrenalin rush or maybe caffine could be alot of things

bexy84
14-07-11, 15:14
Thankyou! I have had this on and off for 7 years or so!! U would think I would be used to it!!! Has anyone lost the fear they have with it?? I mean who gets palps and actually doesn't worry about them?? x

choccychompa
14-07-11, 16:20
I get them, and have done for almost 7 years. I used to be terror-stricken by them and that's how the HA started :mad: But now 99% of the time I don't worry about them. It's only when they happen at night when I'm half asleep and my sub-conscious is at the forefront that I panic about them. I seem to get it into my head that my heart is 'weak' and if I go to sleep it might stop :shrug: Gah!!