PDA

View Full Version : Vision still not right

Hopefulmi
14-07-11, 11:14
I went to my docs about the ghosting and double vision I had and he gave me drops and stuff. He thought it was this condition he has, where the film on your eye actually has bubbles and bits rather than being smooth. The drops haven't worked and even though the backs of my eyes and optic nerves are fine I am convinced I am going to die from a tumour. This is stupid I know because if that was the problem, my optic nerves would be inflamed but I'm just in a blind panic. Do other people get constant ghosting?

Also it doesn't seem to fit with binocular or monocular, because it is there with both eyes opened and also, with either eye covered. It does correct through the pinhole and seems to be high contrast things. Oh and when I look at something in the mirror, it ghosts in the mirror too?

Freaking out, feel awful

PanchoGoz
14-07-11, 11:42
You know too much about eyes! You have been researching your problem haven't you? Would the optician be a more qualified person to see in your case? Maybe it could be down to your eye site not being up to scratch or one eye being more shortsighted. I can't not wear my glasses as everything twinkles without them! Definately not a brain tumour - doctor would have been worried straight away if it was.

monkfishjoe
14-07-11, 16:35
Hi, I still get ghosting and after images in my eyes. not sure if it is exactly what you have described but it looks like things have a trail behind them when the move and some things are out of focus.

I have been to the opticians about this twice this year and my doctors and they both say my eyes are fine and my doctor isn't worried about me having a tumour. I was very worried about this at one point, but I'm getting over this concern (there are still plenty of others though)!!

I hope you can get over this too.