PDA

View Full Version : Research into Panic Disorder and OCD service users experiences

Josie Millar
14-07-11, 15:15
We are carrying out research investigating people’s experiences of past Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) which they have had for Panic Disorder or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) which has not worked for them. We are interested in gaining an insight into people’s experiences and the reasons they discontinued therapy.

This study is being completed as part of a doctoral research study and is supervised by Professor Paul Salkovskis.

If you are interested in taking part in this study, and would like further information, please contact Josie Millar by email at jfam20@bath.ac.uk (jfam20@bath.ac.uk)

For more information about the study, and how to get involved please open the attached information sheet in PDF format.

Ethical Approval Reference: This study has been approved by the South West-Central Bristol Research Ethics Committee (Ref: 11/SW/0039).

eight days a week
25-07-11, 21:35
Hi Josie,

I was lucky enough to hear Prof Paul speak at the No Panic conference in Telford in June, and he talked about your project.

I'd ask anyone who your research applies to on here to consider getting involved - it sounds very valuable :)

I was deeply impressed with him and keen to get involved with anything he's supervising, but the CBT doesn't really apply to me unfortunately (I had it for six months and it helped hugely but ran out, I think, due to 'having had my time'). There was stuff the therapist talked about that we never actually did (bringing on a panic attack, her pretending to have one in public) that would have been really useful.

So, I'm very much better, but not 'cured'.

(By the way, Paul mentioned another research topic he's supervising at the conference but I forget, can you please remind me what it is?)

Josie Millar
05-08-11, 17:21
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your reply and for expressing your interest in our research.

The experience that you describe sounds very relevant to our study and exactly the sort of thing that we are looking to talk to people about. So if you would be interested in finding out more about participating in our study please let me know.

I will definitely ask Paul about the other research project that he is involved in and will get back to you next week.

Thanks again,
Josie

eight days a week
12-08-11, 22:05
Thanks Josie!

Also many thanks for your PM, I'm absolutely delighted I may be able to help with the study :)

Josie Millar
16-08-11, 12:35
Thanks so much!
Your interest in our research is very helpful and greatly appreciated! :)