PDA

View Full Version : feeling sorry for myself

shaka
14-07-11, 15:28
Hi everyone
Ive been feeling really down for a few weeks now,with the return of anxiety ,which has left me staying at home a lot . Avoiding going out again went shopping last week saw my aunt not seen her for a while .Dont you go out she said no was my reply all the time wanting to get home .GET A LIFE SHE SHOUTED i keep hearing those words and beating myself up Im trying so hard to get out and about agian .Anyone else had it return like that after a few years .
when i go out i feel off balance dizzy when i walk people must think im drunk, Maybe i should do as im told and get a life

well feeling sorry for myself wont get me better will it, thank god for this site
I dont feel so lonely now i know its not just me in this world that feels that way .love shaka :weep:

LucyR
14-07-11, 15:37
Hi,

Your aunt sounds a bit rude for saying that to you :ohmy: especially shouting it! Please just ignore her as she obviously is ignorant and has no experience of these problems. If it were me, I would not visit her again for a very long time either!

keta
14-07-11, 15:43
:hugs:sending you big hugs and yes ignore your aunt, you do have a life just with some problems like the rest of us so don't be too hard on yourself
x

shaka
14-07-11, 21:41
thanyou for replying you are so right lucyr she is very rude ,keta maybe she should think how lucky she is not having problems thanks again for answering
shaka x

saffy f
14-07-11, 22:38
Hi Shaka
Sorry your'e feeling a bit rubbish at the moment but you came through it before so you know you can do it.
Dont take any notice of comments like you aunts,prove her wrong and show her you have got a life...
Take care xx

shaka
14-07-11, 22:59
thank you saffy f you are right i have done it before and will again .funny how people are so quick to jugde
thanks again saffy

loveletter
15-07-11, 11:30
Hi Shaka I too am at home a lot well almost all the time.
I too feel dizzy off balance and people have thought I have been drunk as I do not walk right.
How long have you had this for, I have had it for 24 years and just can not get rid of it.
People I know seem to be getting fed up with me and tell me to get a life and when alone I cry a lot over this if only it was that easy.
I do want a life I really do but it is so hard having to live with being dizzy and off balance every day

shaka
15-07-11, 12:12
hi loveletter
I have had this for over ten years now i have got better for maybe three years in that time still avoiding lots of place like town centres or busy shops but i was happy.It has started agian and i dont know how to get a grip ,Over the years i seem to have lost lots of friends I Cryed reading your post i know how you are feeling it is soul destroying .
thanks for your reply maybe we could help each orther feel free to pm me any time.
love shaka

Col
16-07-11, 12:31
Hi shaka

I'm so sad for you and really understand, I won't go into my story but it's a comment posted on fear of fainting if you type that into search!!!!

I know it's awful you feel so helpless and almost well I sometimes get mad with myself and I sometimes tell myself to get a grip and calm down BUT just can't.
I used to be sooo cool and busy traveling , go anywhere do anything BUT for last five mths been a living hell, don't want to do much because I don't ever want to experience those awful sensations of panic again. People don't understand and can meek it worse putting pressure on to do stuff and if you don't go out etc you end up feeling guilty or upset for not participating, it REALLY is tough!!!!

I'm sick of it but just wake up day to day and try and and think positive my day is normally school run , home school run home and school run itself is a right palaver some days even a 5 minute drive to my daughters school can be like a voyage to space, I get so wound up it's unreal, really out of character for me , really silly behavior and I'm a mum I should be the strong one and a role model for my two gorgeous kids!!?

I'm sick of it but I try and remain calm as best as I can and do a little bit at a time and other people can like it or lump it, I need to worry about myself not other people.

I was a bit like your aunt before I suffered with anxiety, in that I'd probably say the same to a family member if I knew they didn't go out, I wouldn't be so rude as to shout but would probably say something along the same lines.

She better watch out with what she says because like me I have learnt one day your life fine and you don't know what around the corner, if it can happen to me someone well travelled, a mum, educated, very very confident, it can happen to anyone.
Were all human no ones exempt from illness , health conditions or death. You should remind her of that!!!
Take care

shaka
16-07-11, 14:22
hi col
You are so right about not worrying about what anyone thinks it hard on its own trying to get out,
I hope that you start to feel better soon you can get better its just hard at the moment staying calm so i can practice with a least a little peace.
your also right that you dont know whats in store anyone can have anxiety
thanks for replying .when you get better there will be no stoping better time will come again and we will be stronger im sure of that

take care x

lizzie29
16-07-11, 17:44
Hi

I too have been told to "get a life" from a non-sympathetic friend and I know how hurtful it is. We'd LOVE to be out there enjoying life without a care but sadly it's not that simple. Some people don't understand and don't even try to empathise, and as Col said, it can strike anyone at anytime so it's frustrating that people don't try to understand.

Anyway, you've got plenty of support from people on here who DO understand. :)

shaka
16-07-11, 18:12
hi lizzie 29
What would we do with out this site thanks the support.
It would be a lovely world to live in if more people were as kind and understanding as everyone on here.
take care x