PDA

View Full Version : me being stupid

ljd
14-07-11, 22:04
Im getting worked up again. I went away on holiday recently for nearly 3 weeks while i was away i had a lovely time although i wasn't very well while i was away got stomach bug and then got a cold/cough a few days before coming back. Some how i just got on with things and traveled around on my own in a country ive never been to with language difference and culturally very different. I enjoy travelling and feel so much better when I away.

Yet its stupid when im back in this country i get really anxious, panicky, scared and get really fed up!!

when i came back i had to have a biopsy done on my back i was so scared and anxious about and made a total fool of myself. I hate hosp and doctors anyway i went it has been put of for ages partly me partly them!!Anyway i go and get it done what happens i get in a state while there doing it and panic and faint or pass out not sure what happened but enough for them to worry about me where they called 2 doctors in as i wasn't responding, then they decide im not ready to leave and send me down to a and e the worse place i could be sent to knowing i hate hosps and docs. so then i have to go through their procedures and have all tests done and they would not let me out until they were sure i was OK. Anyways now im faced with the dilemma where i have to go to my Gp's to get the stitches removed next week and dreading it in case similar thing happens!!
I went back to work and since being back at work have been really busy and been asked to do things im not sure how to do and there really important and scared ill make a mistake!!

Im not there for long as am also studying and have one more year left when i start back in Sept im getting anxious about that as last year was really stressful studying!! I know i should be please di passed this year and I am cos i didnt think i would but the thought of studying another year terrifies me!!

sorry just need to get my thoughts and anxieties out hoping it will help!!

Lynnann
15-07-11, 01:41
ok Ljd,

Stop and take a moment,you coped well on holiday, was that because you didn't have the added stresses?

You worked yourself up about the procedure you were to have done, so it went downhill from there, in fairness the doctors are going to make sure you are ok. at least you know you are :)

You are more comfortable at your doctors as it is familiar:), I am sure it will be far less stressful and will go more smoothly when you have the stitches out.

As for work, take a step back, no manager would realistically expect a member of their team to be up to speed after an abscence. If you feel lost ask for help.

I know where I work, I have no issues helping someone. Sorting out a mess afterwards annoys me as I think why didn't they ask if they didn't know?
Maybe that's just me but that's my viewpoint and I hope everyone elses is, if you need help holler :) Perhaps try it and see how it goes?

It could be a good learning exercise? It is your employer's responsibility to provide training? All said and done you have nothing to lose asking for help if you are not there for long?

Instead of looking at everything as a big mess, try tackling one issue at a time?

Lynnann:flowers: