PDA

View Full Version : severe anxiety/ibs/tingling

rainbow
15-07-11, 13:59
hi, i've been going through a really bad spell with anxiety over the last 7 weeks due to a small lump i found next to my anus. 2 examinations and reassurance from 7 gps that it was only a pille eventually stopped me worrying about anal cancer. The day i fond the lump i had diahoreah, a normal response with me when i'm anxious, i also have ibs. Since then i've had a few bouts of diahoreah/loose stools first thing in the morning. I've also had normal bms too. I've felt constipated later in the day and have passed some mucus, this is common for me but as i'm in a state of anxiety its worrying me.

I've been getting pins and needles in my arms a lo too. Y gp told me its because i'm hyperventilating. For the past week i've had a fuzzy feeling left foot, also a little bit in the right foot. It seems to get better overnight but not long afer i wake up the anxiet hits me and i can feel i creeping up my foot and as far up as myribs. I just started my cbt on tuesday and my psychologis reckons its all down to m anxiety. One of the things i've to work on this week is to resist calling the gp for reassurance and to stay off medical sites as thiss feeds the anxiety.

Can anybody help to calmme down, i'm near breaking point.

rainbow
15-07-11, 14:02
sorry for all the spelling mistakes, i'm a bit shaky.

tobyjug01
15-07-11, 14:23
Hi Rainbow. We can all relate to how you are feeling. You hit the nail on the head,dont google anything to do with your health,everything gives you the worst case when the GPs have told you that you are ok. Trust in what they have told you and try to chill. I also feel the same as you sometimes,tension builds up through the day and its showing its self in you with tingling and fuzzy feelings,mine today is a numbish chin. Be sure in the fact that as soon as you learn to chill things will start to get better. Just have a qiuck read of my post FED UP STILL,it may help a bit. Take it easy.

rainbow
15-07-11, 16:41
hi thanks for the reply,

I'm trying so hard to fight this awful fear. I just feel like i'm constantly in a state of high anxiety. Every time i have to use the bathroom my heart pounds like mad, it really is a vicous circle that i don't know how to break.

I know that if i cant relax my symptoms won,t go away.

Any other words of reassurance would be a great help.

josparks
16-07-11, 11:01
hi guys i get this to im sufferin for a few days i was in er other day cos my face was bit swollen said it could be sinusis or antibiotics but ive had these all the time for infections she then said its probably sinus but to be sure just change antibiocs also i was in er fore suspected dvt so my stress levels are up alnog with lack of sleep with a 4 week old today im suffering tingles in head arms tongue do u guys get it there to i just hope its not antibiotics again

Hope38
16-07-11, 12:33
Hi Rainbow, I never thought my IBS was linked to anxiety but I was wrong anxiety stimulates nerves in the bowel which leads to diarrhoea. What have you tried to help you relax?? Have you tried CBT or hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapy worked for me. Was getting terrible panic attacks and had to do a teaching session/presentation and it really helped. Was thinking of trying meditation next. Try and write down all the positive things you have managed to do today and remember how amazing you are to have joined this forum.:hugs: