PDA

View Full Version : Tooth infection?

duke246810
15-07-11, 14:21
Hi there, i went to the dentist today because ive been experiencing very bad pains in my teeth and jaw, they said it was just grinding of the teeth but didnt even look for more than 10 seconds.. ive heard if you have an infection in your mouth or tooth it can spread to the brain? ? ? ? ? ? ? what if i have this? :(

Klonoa
15-07-11, 14:34
Don't worry my `ansome, when you have an abscess/ infection you will know it. There will be pain in your mouth or in your gum, either at or around an infected tooth, it will be swollen, or like mine may partially close your throat up. Eventually it will leak and taste horrible.

I get pains from grinding so I sympathize, mostly at night and it gives me terrible headaches that last all day. The dentist can make you a mouth guard or I'm sure like in the US, Boots will have some kind of one you can make at home. You cut it to the size of your mouth then boil it in water and make an impression of your teeth, but you aren't suppose to use them if your jaw clicks or you have loose teeth.

They're a bit of a pain to get used to at first, but you can do a lot of damage if you don't take care of it eventually.

Anxious_gal
15-07-11, 17:48
Sounds like TMJ, you could get a 2nd opinion from another dentist. If you had an infection you would be pain, swelling of your glands, maybe a temperature , any time I had a tooth infection I could feel it in my gums, the tooth can get pushed up from the pus, also there was a bad taste from the infection,
An achy jaw is not a tooth infection it's an achy jaw :)

Rachel W
15-07-11, 19:11
As mentioned above, if you have an infection, there would not be a doubt. you would not be able to eat on the side without excruciating pain and also the pain never stops. It is so bad that you want to cry (and do usually). It would also be in one area.

duke246810
15-07-11, 19:52
Well basically i had some fissure coating put on it and it was huge and i couldnt shut my mouth, but now its worn down and its gone rough is that normal? and this is on the same day aswell. also i dont have a tempereture, i dont have an option for another dentist but ive been reffered to the hospital. thankyou

Anxious_gal
15-07-11, 20:01
I have no idea what that means or what it is? I don't know if it's normal, sorry.
who will you be seeing at the hospital?

Klonoa
16-07-11, 16:27
They probably did not make it that well to fit your mouth, or wearing it in is part of the process. My temporary cap was like that.

diddler
16-07-11, 18:18
hiya duke, i recently had tooth infection and was in the worst pain ever, i put up with it for 2 weeks because i was scared of taking medication, they could tell straight awat of seeing me and my symptoms that my tooth was infected so your fine, grinding does cause pain and you grind because of stress and anxiety.... your fine xxx