PDA

View Full Version : help me please,im living a nightmare

katexxxx
15-07-11, 16:08
hello everyone,
basically i dont know what to do anymore,i get constant anxiety all the time,its tearing me apart....
i go through a phase,one day il be fine then the next im a nervous wreck,its stopping me do things like getting on a bus etc....and i sometimes get direah/constipation or feel sick,and this makes me think something is wrong with me all together...im on 20mg citalopram and have been for 3 years but im too scared to increase the dose as i know it will make me feel worse,my dr said go to 40mg but its a big leap for me,ivge tried everything....what do i do???help please life is a nightmare:weep:

linjoy
15-07-11, 23:21
Hi Kate.
20 mg is a low dose my gp has upped my dose to 30mg, try 30mgs for a couple of weeks and see how you go on if you are ok try the 40mgs.
I know exactly how you feel, I've been on and off Citalopram for the last 14 years, anxiety is terrible and when my anxiety is really bad I have diarrhea and vomiting as well and have to go back on the meds.I'm going on an anxiety management course and I'm really hoping it will help.
Increasing your dose might make you feel worse for a time but you will be better in the long run so give it a go. I'm lucky in that I don't have side effects from the meds.

london
15-07-11, 23:32
i think it could help you kate why not try it
god bless

Col
16-07-11, 11:51
You sound exactly like me. My first post about my anxiety is on fear of fainting.
I read a post about a women whose booked a holiday and frightened to death about flying and looking up stats. It's like why book a holiday if you are that bad???? Then people on there saying there really anxious but have just come back from a holiday.

I'm not saying these people aren't anxious BUT even people who have never had a panic attack can be absolutely beside themselves with worry because a lot of people hate flying BUT it doesn't mean they have a anxiety disorder!!!!!

What I'm trying to say a plane is one thing I panic sometimes getting in my car to drive for 5 minutes up to my daughters school, never mind getting on a plane!!!!!

Some days I'm ok but some days I don't want to go out everything and everyone is a hassle, I have sensations of not being vale to breath, heaviness, and sometimes feel really spaced out if I'm a bit unwell which then culminates to me feeling faint and dizzy like I'm going to collapse which all = panic. It's debilitating and I've never been depressed I'm naturally upbeat BUT feeling like you can't go anywhere and if you do your gonna get all these horrid sensations there's no point. It absolutely awful , people friends don't quite get it, you change your social habits avoiding situations which could provoke an attack, and you ultimatley get yourself really down almost depressed and feel like your going insane!!!!!! What more can I say other
than your not the only one, you really not on your own, I try and remind my self I wasn't born like this , I've not been like this all my life, god willing as quick as this condition came and took over my life ONE day it will quickly fade away. I think looking at this broadly no amount of meds and therapy will cure you, I think it's a mixture of factors that all need to slot into place, it's a slow process and when we feel like this just try and
remain calm and lots of self belief that this will pass.

Try a herbal remedy as well as your usual meds, check with your doc this is safe!
I know how you feel, I was sooo bad at one point with anxiety I had antibiotics that I wouldn't take despite my face being unbelievably swollen,because I read the side effects could cause breathing difficulties and that was it!! I wouldn't take them until I called NHS direct..

It's really hard when you feel as bad as this, but take care and don't ever think your the only one whose like this.

bevwilks
17-07-11, 07:43
Hi Katexxxx i am taking a tablet called buspirione ask yoour doctor if you can try these i find them marvelous and they have given me a good degree of me life back. since taking them i have now gone back to work and can now go out shopping on my own which is massive seen as i never moved out the house for months. good luck luv x x