PDA

View Full Version : fears and phobias

mili
30-04-06, 13:01
[8D]why when i waken in a morning do i have fears of the day ahead especially when my husband is at work and i am in the house on my own with my son who is 34years old but drives me round the bend,he does not understand what i am going through,i have also been to see a homeapathic lady who as put me on severel little tablets to take but today i got up having a panic attack, i havbeen taking her tablets for a month but on friday she changed them to a differant strength .she said it was safe to take them with my doctors medicine which is 1xdiazepam 2mg a day also propranalol1x10mg a day.could this be a reaction to her tablets

l.m.bell

Coyote
06-05-06, 00:50
I do not believe so. Homeopathy is one of my strong subjects, the concept is they help the body help itself and are natural in origin and as far as dosage goes, they are minute compared to traditional medical drugs.

The only real things you gotta watch out for with regards to 'natural' remedies, such as herbs, is with things like anti-depressants. For example, if you're on AD's and you take Saint Johns Wart (a natural anxiety aid) you can in some round about ways increase the dosage of the AD's in your system. A bit similar to how 1 pint of beer on many AD's, affects your head like 4 pints etc (thats a perk though, cheap night out ;)).

As far as diazepam goes, 2mg is a relatively low/safe dose, and propranalol is, I think a beta blocker... Homeopathy is a very safe complimentary remedy and doesn't work in a way that would influence them, so I'd let your mind be at ease and don't worry about it :)