PDA

View Full Version : Been on Escitalopram for 6 years Docs put me on Duloxetine

ohyehdigit
15-07-11, 19:08
I've been on Escitalopram 20mg for about 6 years but I haven't been feeling great of late. So I went to the docs yesterday and he's put me on Duloxetine 60mg straight swap! The thing is I feel really groggy today and not with it.

Just wanted some advice on what to do? Should I ask to be put back on Escitalopram or a diffrent alternative. Or sit it out stop being a wimp and see how I feel as I've only taken 2 tablets up to now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks :wacko:

eight days a week
15-07-11, 23:54
Give it two to three weeks...definitely :)

ohyehdigit
16-07-11, 01:04
Thanks for the reply :)

Do you know if its the norm to take someone straight off Escitalopram? Also is Duloxetine any good? I was reading its a Serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor instead of a Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor like I was taking before (Escitalopram) What ever that means?

Edit: You haven't even got a sub forum for what I'm on lol. I'm I that strange :blush:

nomorepanic
16-07-11, 01:12
Are you getting any therapy at the same time as the meds?

ohyehdigit
16-07-11, 01:27
Yes I'm seeing a pct/cbt therapist. Doctors have never had me diagnosed by a psychiatrist. Even though I've asked to see one.

Anxious-in-Canada
16-07-11, 13:52
Hi there

When your doctor switched your meds did you raise your concerns? Can you ask what the normal transition plan is.... And are there other options available? If you have concerns make sure your doctor can put them to ease.

Take care