PDA

View Full Version : citalopram

tracyellingham
15-07-11, 20:42
Hi all, this is my first time on here, I was diagnosed by a psychiatist yesterday with severe depression and have been initial prescribed Citalopram, I have read some of your comments and have to say I am worried, Ive been signed off work for another 2 weeks, this is where my problems began,basically being bullied at work........I am scared of taking the drugs ut just sort of need reassurance that they will work, sorry am sounding pathetic.......Tracy Ellingham:huh:

nomorepanic
15-07-11, 20:44
Hi tracyellingham

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Ingenious
15-07-11, 22:24
Please don't worry. It is only normal for people to post here when they have a rough time on medication, but the fact is this is a very safe drug to take, it is widely prescribed, and everyone is different - some don't get any side effects.

You need to focus on the end result which is to help your severe depression - taking Citalopram even if you feel a bit rough to start with can't be any worse than what you are already going through. The good news is there are so many people here who have been through the same who you can talk to if you need re-assurance or help.

So, stiff upper lip and all that, take your medicine and start on your road to recovery :)