PDA

View Full Version : Depression from GAD and meds

themanofmoon
16-07-11, 00:32
Hi guys,

been diagnosed in my cbt session as suffering from general anxiety disorder, which in turn triggers depression, ocd, and other coping strategies...

i was on citalopram, which did nothing, despite the dose being cranked up to 40mg over 6 months. Then i went to sertraline, which was great, until 4 months in i became so dizzy that even on the tinniest dose possible i felt like i was going to fall over.

Ive been off meds for 1 month, and now the depression and hopelessness has set up camp again. My therapist reckons i should go back to the doctor to discuss options for other meds. can anybody recommend what I should ask to try?

Thanks, Nathan

nomorepanic
16-07-11, 01:00
Are you really sure you want medication and not some form of talking therapy like CBT?

deepreason
16-07-11, 11:00
Pregabalin might be worth a shot if your problems are rooted in anxiety. It's a bit like valium but isn't addictive and doesn't need increasing doses.

themanofmoon
16-07-11, 15:22
hi, guys, thanks for the responses. Im already doing CBT but outside of sessions this depression kicks in despite me doing my homework and reading up about the condition. ill ask the doc about the med you suggested as my therapist has suggested that in this case something might be beneficial on top of the CBT