PDA

View Full Version : hating how one looks

moorecroft
30-04-06, 14:23
not sure which prob lem this falls into but can anyone advise me for help with my son. 24 and has suffered from depression and possible social phobia for 7 years.At present obsessed about his hair although has always worried about it, feel he's going bald but just receding and it takes up the whole of his waking time, he gets so uptight about how he looks and told me he wanted to die the other day, this absolutely devestated me and although he says he wont how can i be sure. doesnt want to go back on med from doc but dont know any other way. he has tried pyschoterapy in past but at moment he thinks nothing will help him he is so unhappy, any advice from another mum or someone who feels like this

wendy
30-04-06, 19:02
Hi

I am sorry your son is suffering and would suggest most definately a trip back to the docs, he is very lucky to have a caring mum and sure it is a help to him to have such a good support mechanism

I personally dont suffer with social anxiety however do have other anxiety issues so totally understand how he and you feel, could you maybe suggest he joins here? I find just knowing I am not alone brings a great deal of comfort and know a lot of people here suffer with Social Anxiety and depression and sure we could all offer some advise and friendship to him

Take Care

Wendy x