PDA

View Full Version : time to up the meds??

jaded jean
16-07-11, 07:02
This pas 2 weeks my anx has slowly crept up. I take amitryptiline at night and at the moment I am not feeling it work. In the morning I feel so screwed up as well. I have been on citalopram for 21 months now @20mgs.
I just feel so sad and tired, Its just not me at all, Is it time to up the meds do you think??

JT69
16-07-11, 16:02
Hi Jean,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit crap at the moment. If you dont settle down in the next couple of days I would make an appointment and have a chat with your GP about possibly upping to 30mg.

I took cit on and off for a number of years and when I dipped I would up from 20mg (thereputic for me) to 30mg for some months until I felt ready to drop back down to 30mg. Some people stay on the higher dose, but that was just my experience.

Sending you a big:hugs:and hope that you feel yourself again real soon.

Take care
Jo.x

jaded jean
16-07-11, 16:33
Hi Jo thanks for that it just felt this week i was taking a placebo or something I really felt as I was not on anything at all. so strange after all this time is it possible for its working to wear off -does the dose weaken after a specific time I hope not but on the other hand I am prepared to up it if thats the case.thanks for the reply Jo hope you are still getting on ok hunnyxx-

jaded jean
16-07-11, 20:35
Hi Ally
I have been thinking about it since jo suggested it . surely if you were feeling better than before you were put on it surely it should still be working or is there still a chemical imbalance there?I have been on these type of meds for nigh on 15 years - I dont go out as I dont drink and to see others enjoy themselves etc I feel left out a bit. you tend to get left out anyway .oh listen to me !!! i just want to get back on form again and enjoy my life as at present I am just an automaton and that just aint me!!:mad:

JT69
17-07-11, 16:50
Hi Jean

I felt like this a couple of weeks ago. It did ease off and go away again after a few days. I did visit my GP and he suggested I increased the pregabalin which I did.....I remain on 7.5mg of mirt....not sure wether to come off them completely....will wait a while and see what happens.

Hope that you come through this soon.

TC
JO.x

ElizabethJane
17-07-11, 17:11
Hi Ally
I have been thinking about it since jo suggested it . surely if you were feeling better than before you were put on it surely it should still be working or is there still a chemical imbalance there?I have been on these type of meds for nigh on 15 years - I dont go out as I dont drink and to see others enjoy themselves etc I feel left out a bit. you tend to get left out anyway .oh listen to me !!! i just want to get back on form again and enjoy my life as at present I am just an automaton and that just aint me!!:mad:
Dear Jean I have been on anti depressants for a lot longer than that. It is still possible to have dips even when taking medication. I think that I am having a 'dip' at the moment. My mood is defintely lower than it has been and I am moody and tearful. It does not mean for me that I immediately ditch the tablets oh no. I shall try to improve my mood but keep a careful eye on my mood and if it dips further I will have chat to my GP. Sometimes the options re medication ie upping them or adding in something might not be acceptable at the moment. We try to accept something that is right for us. I would not want to accept more meds as I feel that I am on enough already but if I was ill and could see no alternative then I would. EJ.

jaded jean
18-07-11, 06:36
Hello E.J. yes I know what you are saying, moody fearful -tearful too. I could be the current situation at work- the fact that I want to lose weight before I go to NZ at christmas the fact that I am having to do a lot of cover at work and I am out of my comfort zone . The old feeling of wanting to stay in bed and not get up again. that is the part that scares me, I am starting telephone recovery again tomorrow night thank god and this time I will stay on it and not jump out and think yes I am ok now when I wasnt.
thanks for the replies ladies :doh:xxx
Jean