PDA

View Full Version : Tremors

kah
16-07-11, 18:47
Hi guys,

I've been having tremors for a few months on and off and just wondered if anyone else gets them?? I get them in my arms/hands and in my legs, it feels like I'm shaking/trembling and they seem to come at random times of the day. Sometimes I won't get them for a few days and other days they're there pretty much all the time. They feels worse in my legs because they make me feel like my legs might give way (but they never have). Any ideas why I'm getting them????

Thanks in advance
Kerri-anne xx

Anxious_gal
16-07-11, 20:47
I started getting them 3 or 4 years ago, not related to anxiety as in I can wake up with them etc..
I then get the shakes wen I am anxious.
I hate when I get them in my legs as it really feels like my leg will just give way :(
I've never mentioned it to my doctor as they are not really affecting me too much.
But if they are bothering you, I would say it to the doc next time you are there.
Some people just get them, there are tones of other thing than can cause them too,
but it is rather comon.

kah
17-07-11, 09:10
Hey Mishel,

Thanks for replying. My most common time to get them is when I wake up. I have mentioned it to my GP a couple of times but they don't take anything seriously because of the anxiety and I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so they put everything down to one or other of those!

How often do you get them, is it daily or less frequent??

K xxx

sandy40
17-07-11, 10:22
Hi Kah,ive got shaky hands most of the time,i never really think about it,my legs are like jelly today because im worried about my head pains...its probably anxiety,i know you will be sick of hearing it.My doctors dont take me seriously now,they blame it all on my HA.I know you worry about MS,but you said on one of my posts that you had a CT scan of your head..i think you did anyway...if you had MS your CT scan would of showed the brain to have areas of demyelation and yours was clear so thats good news.

love Sandra xx

kah
17-07-11, 12:01
Hey Sandra,

How are you doing? Has your headache eased off at all?
I had a CT scan last October, it was one without contrast and I had it because I had a headche for weeks and weeks without let-up. I thought you had to have an MRI scan to detect MS?? When I had that headache I used the cooling forehead strips and 4Head (the stuff you roll on) and they both helped quite a bit.

K xxx

sandy40
17-07-11, 17:21
Hiya,my headaches are not getting any better,im really worried.A CT scan would show up MS,the MRI is a more detailed scan but the CT would show still show any "lesions" or "white matter" which is demyelation.Its hard i know to stay calm,im a mess just now,crying alot and feeling low..awful aint it.xx

kah
17-07-11, 17:50
Hey Sandy,

It really is awful, the hardest thing I've had to deal with by far. Even being housebound for months on end with chronic fatigue wasn't as bad as this :weep:.
As I've said before I had a tension headache that went on and on for weeks and I ended up in hospital but once I got the all-clear from the neurologist it went away literally within a couple of days. I know it's easy for me to say 'don't worry' but having been there I'm 100% sure you have nothing to worry about. Just wish I could put that into practice myself!!!

Really wish I could give you a big hug, sending you a virtual one instead :hugs:

K xxx

Eyedea
17-07-11, 17:56
I get tremors all the time, its terrible. sometimes it'll get so bad in my legs that i get weak and need to sit down. i get them in my hands sometimes too. when i get bad panic attacks my whole body will have this crazy slow tremor. its scary, but its nice knowing other people are dealing with somewhat the same thing. Although i wish none of us had to deal with it.

kah
17-07-11, 17:59
Thanks for your reply, you're right somehow it does make it easier to know other people have the same problems.

K xx

sandy40
17-07-11, 18:09
My headache moves,at the moment its behind my left ear and around the front,but it can also be at the back of my neck or on the right side,i get random hot waves over my head as well...my legs are weak and my hands are shaking so needless to say im freaking out...maybe your meds are making your tremor,just a thought.Yes Kah i wish we lived near for a good old cry together,maybe we could sort each other out of this mess...where did it start from? Icannot believe ive turned into someone like this.

love Sandra xx

kah
17-07-11, 20:17
I know exactly what you mean Sandra, I thought my HA started when I got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome early last year and struggled for a couple of months to get a diagnosis whilst 4 different GPs told me there was nothing wrong with me! BUT, thinking back, just after my oldest daughter (nearly 5) was born I went for a Health MOT at Bupa because I was sure I had some underlying illness. Before that I can't remember ever worrying about my health at all so I'm pretty sure it started because I was terrified of leaving my children motherless. It's only been this bad for the past 18 months (on & off) but that's long enough I think!!!!

I'm considering trying hypnotherapy, I'm so desperate to get out of this rut that I'll try anything. If anyone has tried it please let me know if it works.

xx

sandy40
18-07-11, 09:25
hi,up until last year i was never really il,then i got what i now know is IBS and then my HA started,im off to the drs today as my headaches are still there,its at the base of my skull this morning and i feel dizzy,im on my own with the kids so im in a state,my CPN is on holiday so i cant even call her,but she blames stress.Im sure its something bad. xx

kah
18-07-11, 13:12
Hey Sandra,

I'm sure you're ok hun, let me know how you get on at the doctors.

K xxx

sandy40
18-07-11, 17:56
Hi,i ended up going to AE again:blush:,my pain was so bad,anyway they did a CT scan and it was normal...so im back home still in bloody pain but glad they did the scan,the pain is awful Kah,its right up the back of my head and the base of the skull...hows you today? xx

kah
18-07-11, 19:04
Hey Sandy,

I hope you are reassured now, hopefully if you can relax knowing it's nothing sinister the tension will ease off and the headache will go (that's what happened to me anyway!!).

I'm not having a great day, lots of random aches & pains which I know GP would put down to the Chronic Fatigue. Will be glad when it's bedtime and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

K xx

sandy40
18-07-11, 19:26
I cant wait for bedtime either,do you think a CT scan can show lots so if its fine then nothing bad is happening? Ive a wheatbag at the base of my skull...do you take any painkillers for your aches and pains? x

kah
18-07-11, 19:36
I'm pretty certain that a CT Scan would show up anything serious otherwise they'd be no point in doing them lol!

Yeah I take Ibuprofen, doesn't seem to help the majority of the time though. Oh well, perhaps after a good night sleep at least my mood may be a bit brighter!

Hope your head eases, you should try those 4Head sticks too, used to work a treat for me :)

K xx

cb77
18-07-11, 19:48
i sometimes get tremors throughout my whole body, either during a panic attack or directly after eating, usually something sugary, which has know got me thinking whether i am hypoglycemic or something which can display very similar symptoms to anxiety but is probably the anxiety:(

Sit2Know
18-07-11, 21:34
I stopped an antidepressant about a year ago and have then severely 24/7.

Anyone else on meds or coming off that have them