PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline 50mg advice

James1983
16-07-11, 23:05
Hello all, i have been proscribed 50mg one a day sertraline and i am just about to take my first one but i feel a bit worried over possible side effects but on the over hand i am so sick of the anxiety so i want to take it. any advice?:unsure:

James1983
17-07-11, 10:29
I still have not taken the tablet. I don't know what to do? Anyone?:unsure:

vicky23
17-07-11, 13:46
hi James, 50 mg it's quite a low dose so I think side effects should be minimal. When I first started I was on 150mg and I didn't notice any side effects apart from feeling quite tired.
It's up to you, only you can decide if by taking the tablet you will be causing yourself more anxiety or if you feel that therapy wouldn't work for you because you're in so much distress so need something to take the edge off the anxiety
Hope you find relief whatever you decide to do

lourah1989
17-07-11, 19:09
I WAS EXACTLY LIKE YOU JAMES :( absolutly petrified to take the tablet but you have to think to your self can things get any worse try not to focus on the negatives of the medication and think about the plus side to it ! when i first started mine it was'nt at all pleasant and they dont work over night but 8-9 weeks on im slowly but surely getting there just think if they were really going to harm you the doctor would of not prescribed them i am now uping my dosage to 100mg you can do it be brave kick anxiety in the ass ! hope your feeling better soon if you need any help feel free to message me hun xxx

James1983
17-07-11, 19:15
hi James, 50 mg it's quite a low dose so I think side effects should be minimal. When I first started I was on 150mg and I didn't notice any side effects apart from feeling quite tired.
It's up to you, only you can decide if by taking the tablet you will be causing yourself more anxiety or if you feel that therapy wouldn't work for you because you're in so much distress so need something to take the edge off the anxiety
Hope you find relief whatever you decide to do

:D Thanks vicky23, i am going to to take the tablet thanks for the advice. i feel it can't get any worse so i am gonna go with it

James1983
17-07-11, 19:19
I WAS EXACTLY LIKE YOU JAMES :( absolutly petrified to take the tablet but you have to think to your self can things get any worse try not to focus on the negatives of the medication and think about the plus side to it ! when i first started mine it was'nt at all pleasant and they dont work over night but 8-9 weeks on im slowly but surely getting there just think if they were really going to harm you the doctor would of not prescribed them i am now uping my dosage to 100mg you can do it be brave kick anxiety in the ass ! hope your feeling better soon if you need any help feel free to message me hun xxx

Thanks so much lourah1989, i am going to take the tablets and see how it through. I will keep in touch it's great being able to talk to people with the same problems as yourself. thanks again:bighug1:

Tyke
18-07-11, 03:53
Hi James

I'm on 50mg and the side effects were tough for me, but hey I'm better now and so pleased I went through it. It wasn't pleasant for four weeks but at five weeks I was so much better, I wouldn't have believed it was possible. Stick with it if you can James - there is plenty of support on here when it is hard going.

Tyke :)

James1983
18-07-11, 16:49
Hi James

I'm on 50mg and the side effects were tough for me, but hey I'm better now and so pleased I went through it. It wasn't pleasant for four weeks but at five weeks I was so much better, I wouldn't have believed it was possible. Stick with it if you can James - there is plenty of support on here when it is hard going.

Tyke :)

:yesyes:Thanks Tyke i took my first one yesterday, woke up at 3 could not get back to sleep felt dizzy earlier but i feel calm at the moment.

Carrera74
03-08-11, 12:27
Hey :) how did you get on with these? I have been prescribed these and they are still in the cupboard as I'm terrified about the side effects.

James1983
04-08-11, 13:41
:D I've been alright on them so far it has been nearly 3 weeks, i had some tingling sensations the other day but otherwise all well.

How are You?

vitabelle
05-12-12, 21:33
Hello

I have just been given these today ...I'm starting them tonight but as you all know...I'm scaredddd!!! I suffer with depersonalisation and its constant so I am freaking myself out about it getting worse I can't cope as it is...I feel so unreal and unfit gets worse i feel like I will forget who i am or something :( please help

James1983
11-12-12, 13:29
don't worry the tablets are going to help you. i find that going for a brisk walk helps me with anxiety. you feel realy good after it as well! nothing bad is going to happen trust me. let me know how you get on?:winks:

vitabelle
11-12-12, 13:36
aww thanks james. i took one last week but the side effects were so bad the doc told me to take just half the tablet. so im doing that tonight i cant out it off anymore!! the walk does sound good if i didn't have DR/DP makes me not want to go out because i don't recognise anything. i will let you know how it goes tonight thanks x

James1983
11-12-12, 13:42
see how it goes keep in touch:yesyes:

vitabelle
15-12-12, 23:07
Hey James just wondered how you were getting on with these now? I, on day 5 now I feel very tired and confused a lot of the time. Hoping it gets better x

James1983
17-12-12, 23:46
ok with good days and bad days but mainly good, i guess i am used to them now sometimes i do feel really down but i am carrying on as normal. you ok?