PDA

View Full Version : Change in palpitations

Shelly80
17-07-11, 01:39
Hi guys,

It has been so long since I've posted. I was hoping to see what other people experience with their palpitations. In the past I have had what my doctor called PVC's, I would get flip flop sensations and get horrible anxiety about it. My doctor did all the tests and sent me to a cardio and all was fine and perfect with my heart. When my life calmed, so did the PVC's.

Now 2 years later, I've made major changes in my life and the heart issues have returned. They feel different though. I wonder if anyone else has felt this sensation? When they happen, my heart feels like it rolls, then thumps. Then goes back to normal. My heart rate doesn't speed up (unless I start to panic and adrenaline kicks in) and when I have tried to catch my pulse at the time, it doesn't feel like a skip, it feels steady.

Do you guys think these are still PVC's or these more typical "palpitations"? I wish I could just know what they are. It might help me feel better. When I was with the doctor they did a stress test, EKG and echo and all was great. They never did a holter so we don't know what is actually happening :-(

Ahhh, the anxiety will last forever. I know its because I'm starting a new job on Monday and the last 4 months have been full of change. That is when they started up again.

Shelly
(31, been suffering from anxiety since 2008!!)

Anxious_gal
17-07-11, 01:54
you could ask for the holter test, mine just showed that might rate is too high and when I get anxious it shoots up.
The ecg picked up on my missed beats and such much better I think, as you stay still and lye down while they do it.
have you mentioned this to your doctor at all?

Shelly80
17-07-11, 02:12
Thanks for the reply :-)

I haven't mentioned anything recently, I have had a job that didn't have health insurance. I will have insurance very soon and will get checked out. Like I said, the thing that bugs me is that they changed. I hate that I can't figure out what is happening!

Thanks again!

RLR
17-07-11, 02:42
You are free to visit our website forum at the following address:

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=general

I am the administrator of the forum and a retired neurologist. I spend time at both forums.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Shelly80
17-07-11, 03:48
Thank you RLR, will check it out :D