PDA

View Full Version : Kalms questions, and Levythroxine

miss_moose
17-07-11, 10:52
I'm suffering alot with stress and anxiety attacks, I have bought some Kalms but have been too scared to take them incase of side affects but i'm going to try some this morning, it says take 2 tablets 3 times a day, but i'm starting with 1 tablet.

Do they help with anxiety/panic?

Are side affects common? It says on the leaflet may cause nausea and stomach cramps, i'm terrified of being sick, and i'm having really bad Diareah (sorry!) every morning anyway.

Are they safe to take with Levythroxine (for under active thyroid) as I'll have to take them around the same time, The Levythroxine I take just before I eat, and Kalms have to be taken after you eat, though it doesn't say how long after?

Thank you

Tyke
18-07-11, 01:59
Hi Miss Moose

I haven't ever taken these myself, but I do know people who have taken Kalms and found them of some help, but not a magical cure. The only way to find out if they are any good for you is to go ahead and try them. It is a herbal remedy, so less drastic than some medications and can be bought over the counter.

I would check with your GP though if it is alright to take with your other medication. Although it is a herbal remedy, some of these can affect prescribed medicines. I took St John's Wort for depression, but had to come off that and have a gap before I took SSRI anti-depressants. I would also imagine Kalms would be less of a problem for your stomach than some prescribed anxiety medicines. The Sertraline I was put on gave my stomach absolute hell for four weeks. Within a few hours of taking a tab everything in my guts changed to liquid :mad:(Sorry :doh:!).

Tyke :)

Tyke