PDA

View Full Version : Blip

Mirabelle
17-07-11, 14:25
Hi All
I am just getting over a blip after being able to cope for several months. Now am I worried that I may not be able to go to work tomorrow or that I'll go and it will be bad and then I'll be scared everyday for weeks. I am afraid of being ill when I am away from home or with people I don't know very well. Not so scared of dying as you can only do that once and it may even be a bit of a relief.

Ingenious
17-07-11, 14:38
Sorry to hear this. We all have blips and downers, the thing to focus on is exactly what you said yourself - it's a blip and that you are getting over it. That means you're already seeing it as something that will pass, try not to let the worry of things that haven't (and probably won't) happen bring you down. Take it one step at a time, remember that you were in a position when you coped for several months and you WILL get back to that point :) If you need to talk more, there's a lot of people in here who will listen.

Mirabelle
17-07-11, 14:50
Thanx ingenious.
X

Tyke
18-07-11, 03:02
Mirabelle - think how good you will feel at the end of the Monday that you managed to go in to work and survived it. Then just repeat this until you get through the week. Every time you go in and work through it you are winning, no matter how bad it may feel. Giving in to anxiety will only make you feel worse in the long run.

Tyke

Scoobydoo1
17-03-14, 14:47
I'm going through exactly the same , tis horrid . But we got through it before and will do again, are you on any meds? Dee xxx