PDA

View Full Version : New here, introduction

Hazi1964
18-07-11, 01:12
Hi all, just joined this forum in the hope I can find some help, not for me but for my sister.

She's really unwell at the moment and unable to stay up for very long at all because of the panic attacks she's started getting. She's had one or two symptoms for a long time but now is getting full blown attacks which just seem to be continuous.

I have never seen my sister the way she was yesterday so decided I would do some research in order that I might be able to help her a little.

She is under the doctor and on medication now, not been on it for long so it will probably take a few weeks to kick in. She is also starting counselling this week.

I won't go on too much here as I'm sure there are posts that will be relevant that I can read and can post my own too when I can't find the answers anywhere else.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to learning and understanding more and hopefully being able to help my sister a little at least.

Alison

diane07
18-07-11, 01:16
Hi Hazi1964

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
18-07-11, 09:58
Hi Hazi, so happy you found us! What a lovely person you are wanting to help your sister. For you to understand what shes going through is going to help her so much and will definately help her recovery and how she feels about herself. Using the search facility is great, it shows you threads with specific problems. Keep reading and learning. Fantastic what youre doing! :welcome:

Hazi1964
18-07-11, 11:53
Thank you for the lovely welcome, good to know there is a place to go where other people are in the same boat or have been and can share experiences and tips on coping etc.

I'm very thankful it's not me who is going through this, wouldn't wish it on anybody.

Off to have a read now. :)
Alison