PDA

View Full Version : CT scan says no cancer, but I can't believe it

Jtchief
18-07-11, 02:03
Hi, I have had a sore throat for a 3-4 months and I have been to see the doctor. First my ENT did a scope and did find not anything. They prescribed me some acid reflux medicine. I took it for a month, did not help. Sore throat still there. I went to my primary physician and had them run ct scan and blood work. Ct scan came back clear. Still have sore throat, tongue feels weird, headaches. Went back to ENT and had them look at ct scan results. He said might be burning mouth syndrome. I am not convinced everything is ok. My wife tested positive for HPV last year, found on Internet that it could cause throat cancer in men. I did not have that info to give to the doctor earlier. I am going to schedule appointment tomorrow with internal medicine doctor and another ENT to get 2nd opinion. I am 39 and have 2 young kids. I can hardly function right now living with all worry about having cancer.

Anxious_gal
18-07-11, 02:52
well only certain types of HPV cause cancer in men, do you know which type of HPV your wife has?

You could get the vaccine too.
"HPV is ubiquitous. Of the 120 strains isolated from humans — about 40 of which are in the mouth and genital tracts — Merck's recently FDA-approved vaccine, Gardasil, protects against four: HPV-6 and HPV-11, which cause warts; and HPV-16 and HPV-18, which cause about 70% of cervical cancers. Similarly, according to the study, HPV-16 was present in 72 of the 100 cancer patients enrolled in the study"

Jtchief
08-08-11, 09:31
great news kinda, no cancer, tested for hpv and do not have it. Turns out sore throat is due to acid reflux and severe anxiety. Muscle in my throat are very constricted doctor says. He prescribed me paxil and prevacid. I have been on it for almost 3 weeks now. Sore throat gone but the side effects are not fun. dizziness, slight chest pain a couple times, high and lows of anxiety. Going back to doc on 24th for update. Primary phys remommended psychiatrst to get this anxiety issue addressed. Pretty sure this is due to co worker of mine was diagnosed with cancer last year and he is just a couple years older than me. I have felt very convicted lately and I think and pray that God is telling me to get my life right. Wish the best for everyone esle.