PDA

View Full Version : Heart worries again after chest pain

LucyLiz
18-07-11, 09:11
Been suffering with a dull like pressure/pain across my sturnum and up above my left breast for a couple of days now. It's worse when I lie down. I've been trying to ignore it because I'm on holiday but it keeps chipping away at me... And last night I was begging my husband to phone and ambulance (which he didn't) just so I could get some reassurance. Today it's still here and as ive had jaw pain and left arm pain intermittently I'm now desperate for reassurance. If I'm completely honest the pain isn't excruciating and I would probably be able to deal with it if i was sure it wasn't something sinister. I've had an ECG fairly recent and that was fine but now I really want to go to the local a&e department :-(

Aycie
18-07-11, 10:31
I know it's hard not to worry when something is on your mind but do you think it could be muscle pain? You say you're on holiday maybe sleeping in a different bed might be causing it. Try not to worry and enjoy your break.
:flowers:
Aycie x

allergyphobia
18-07-11, 17:07
hi again, this could be costochondritis, very painful i have suffered with it myself. if you do a search on this site you will see many of us have.. lots of anti inflammatories and a heat patch will help x

s11fyx
18-07-11, 17:24
this sounds like what i get its caused by holding my self s tense due to anixety that i get the one thing im worried about chest pain and then i talk my self in to in being heart pain pm me if you ever need to chat x

LisaT
18-07-11, 18:15
I get it too, its most likely tightness due to anxiety, not very pleasant but try to relax and not think about it x