PDA

View Full Version : do not let your brain conrol you

justme60
18-07-11, 09:17
I have sufferered from in the last few years all kind of problems with my head, chest and stomach. I have had numerous tests ecgs, mri, cat scan, ultra sound.The only thing detected was gallstones which I have had removed now. Doctors were contantly telling me its anxiety which i could not believe I have always been a very strong person and able to deal with a lot. Hoping that gallstones were the cause I was looking forward to a normal life again! Unfortunately nothing changed and it has not made any difference. So I have made up my mind it is anxiety.
So absolutely convince yourself that there is nothing wrong and that everything is okay, lots i mean thousands ofpeopele are suffering the same. It wont make any difference if you are worried about something worrying dont mend anything only destroys you.
Ithink of it as being an alcholic or a drug addict, anxiety is an addiction. So try not to take that "first sip" or "tablet" that feeds it. I try and tell my family to bear with me and try and be thoughtful, in as much as if i text please text back, if they are going to be late please let me know. This does help a bit but of course they are slipping back. Once you let that worry or fear take hold again, you are back to the beginning! So keep strong dont worry and dont let it get to you. You only have one life dont waste it. Another thing that worked for me in the short term or while it was happening is playing mama mia really loud and singing along, it really takes your mind off it for a moment to allow you to calm down. So if you got a cd you like singing along to it really works xx good luck as it is an awful thing, that noone understands!!!:yesyes:

paula lynne
18-07-11, 09:52
Great post, thank you! :)

anxiousinsg
19-07-11, 05:28
Hi, I agree with your post. I struggle with terrible worry and they're mostly related to loved ones. I have told those close to me the same things you have, please text back and all that. However, sometimes I feel bad that I'm putting this load on them too and I have to fight back that worry. It's a struggle, I won't say that this happens to me every day but it happens often enough that I don't like myself when it does. When severe worry hits me, it's like being kicked in the stomach. My partner knows I get this way but to be honest, there's nothing anyone can say to make me feel better. I just have to ride the worry out and not let it win.

geejaybee
19-07-11, 10:44
A very thoughtful post. I have found that having suffered constant all-day long anxiety for nearly 2 years I have started to overcome it and have several days to a week where I hardly feel any symptoms at all. However I perversely sort of go looking for it, wondering where it is and thinking about how I'm not feeling anxious. That then re-triggers an attack which sets me back.

Hazel B
19-07-11, 20:19
Good post, thanks. It took me months to override my anxiety but it is possible.:)