PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian failure but pregnant?

peter34uk
18-07-11, 11:00
Hi,

My wife (31 years of age) was told in the last few months that she has Ovarian failure and is probably menapousal (My spelling not great with that one). We were told we couldnt have children.

But she took a 3 pregnancy tests yesterday and they were all positive!

Could it be that she is indeed pregnant? or is it a case of her hormones playing up???

paula lynne
18-07-11, 11:14
Hi Peter
3 positive results sure sounds pretty conclusive!
I know you can get "false" positive results due to hormones, so why not repeat the test tomorrow. If it shows another positive, nip to the chemist and ask them for a sample bottle. The following morning, ask her to do a msu (mid stream urine) on waking, and get it to your GPs asap for them to test it.
Wishing you both the very best and good luck! :D

peter34uk
18-07-11, 11:33
Thanks. We waiting for a docs app to confirm but im scared its some kind of hormonal imbalance instead. :(

Here's hoping!

Mogwog
18-07-11, 11:44
Good luck Peter, let us know how you get on.x

peter34uk
19-07-11, 10:16
Just a quick update.

My wife went for the blood test at the hospital so just waiting for the result.

BUT, she thought she was spotting a little bit yesterday too. Is that bad news?

Hope38
19-07-11, 10:38
Hi Peter. Spotting sounds like implantation to me. So actually that would be good news. We were told it was impossible for us to get pregnant with our third child unless we had complicated fertility treatment. Felt sick during the appointment and saw the same dr two weeks later as pregnant. Miricles do happen she's now 3 and sitting next to me as we speak.

ElizabethJane
19-07-11, 19:56
It could be an implantation bleed as I experienced this too after successful IVF. How late is your wife's period? If she is a week or two overdue and the the tests are still showing as pregnant only time will tell. As I had had IVF I was offered an early scan which also confirmed the pregnancy and a heart beat. Your wife should try to rest as much as possible to ensure good blood supply to the uterus. I hope that you have a successful outcome. EJ.