PDA

View Full Version : Newbie says " hi"

imfinewine
18-07-11, 12:43
Im 32, a single mum to a beautiful girl.... and Ive got Emitophobia, Severe Anxiety , Panic Disorder, Agorophobia and Social Phobia.
Ive been pretty much a hermit since 1998, only venturing out with friends and family to places that are quiet and feel safe to me.
I have not been able to go out on my own for over 5 years now, and every day pretty much is a struggle to get through now.
My little 2 year old is my saving grace, she has given me some courage to get out more - but sadly the feelings of panic and anxiety never leave me, and I can end up in a right mess for a few hours just so she can go places.

On Wednesday I have to go look at her new pre school - My friend and her Daughter are taking us, but I know Ill run out crying - Ill feel awful and anxious - and it is only MOnday.... I have no idea how I will ever overcome these feelings.
I have been like this for so long now, I have actually forgotten hw I used to be :(

diane07
18-07-11, 12:44
Hi imfinewine

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

M155anthr0p3
18-07-11, 13:17
Hi imfine wine,

Welcome to the site!

Forgetting how you used to be is a problem for us all, once you get that back the panic is easier to fight.

xx

paula lynne
18-07-11, 14:35
Welcome aboard, great to have you with us. I became ill when my son was just 4 monthes old....I still feel guilt over time that I wasted giving anxiety and panic all my power...it was my son that spured me on to want to help myself get better. You dont know for sure you will run out crying at school, you assume you will....try visualising yourself calm instead..play it over in your head. Use lavender on your palms it will help, and take some mints and bottled water. Give yourself a bit more credit, dont automatically assume its going to be a disaster....let us know how you get on x:welcome: