PDA

View Full Version : Right arm

punkprincess19
18-07-11, 12:45
I've been having a problem with my right arm for about 6 weeks now...it feels strange, like it's going numb but it isn't numb because I can still move it and feels things etc. but I'm having trouble with coordination with it and keep missing door handles and it feels strange picking things up, etc. I saw my doctor about 5 weeks ago about it and he said he thinks it's just anxiety. But it hasn't gone yet and it's really bothering me now. I'm worried that there's actually something wrong with it and that I'm not just imagining it! Its like that constantly (not on and off like most anxiety symptoms). I've tried resting it and using my left arm/hand to do things but it's not getting better! It's worse if anything! I'm really worried!

kah
18-07-11, 13:10
Hey there,

Some of my recent posts have been about exactly the same thing. My arms (right more than left) feel very strange, almost like they're not my arms and they feel really weak. I too have awful co-ordination problems and have tremors in this arm/hand.

I've been to see my GP twice about it and they just fob me off saying it's anxiety. I know it doesn't make it any easier but at least you know you are not alone.

Kerri-anne xxx

punkprincess19
18-07-11, 14:26
Thanks Kerri-anne, this makes me feel a bit better. How long have you had this for and do you have any other symptoms? xx

kah
18-07-11, 15:16
Hey,

It's been like it for months. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) so have many symptoms like muscle & joint aches, headaches, dizziness, nausea, tinnitus, hand & leg tremors, extreme fatigue, chest pains, blurred vision.....the list goes on & on and I'm not convinced they're all due to CFS but trying to get a GP to take you seriously when you have HA and CFS is almost impossible!!

Since Saturday I've had awful pains in my upper right back and stabbing chest pains but it's pointless going to see my GP and so I'm just having to put up with it.

Hope things improve for you very soon.
K xxx

punkprincess19
18-07-11, 15:52
I have ALL of them symptoms. I have a book here on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I do think that I have it. I should mention it to the doctor really.

Have you ever been told how to overcome CFS? A friend has told me that it is possible!? x

kah
18-07-11, 16:21
There's no medication or treatment that will cure you but I do know people that have recovered from it. It takes time and rest, rest and more rest!! If you learn how to listen to your body and stay within your limits recovery is quicker but it's so difficult to do and having 2 small children doesn't help!! Anxiety also makes symptoms worse.

I was diagnosed just over a year ago but it took me no end of visits to my doctors and I saw 4 different GPs before someone regonised it as CFS. The first few months were the worst, a couple of those months I was house-bound and could do litle more than get myself and kids dressed. I was lucky and had family to help out but it was really tough.

If you think you have it then I would say don't give up until you get a diagnosis. A website which has really helped me through some tough times is this one http://www.postviralfatigue.me.uk/

K xxx

Mogwog
18-07-11, 16:43
I had this and still get it now sometimes if i'm really anxious. I went to the Drs about it about 3 yrs ago and they did all of those strength tests etc which were all fine.
Mine goes all weak or tingly and it feels as if I can't use it properly. It defiantely is just anxiety.

Take care and hope you are feeling reassured.

L.xx

punkprincess19
19-07-11, 14:51
Thanks Kerrie-Anne and Mogwog for your replies. I've still got the strange right arm feeling today but on top of that I'm also having trouble with my breathing, feel like I'm about to droop to the floor at any moment and feel dizzy. I feel like I'm slowly dying! I hate my life and see no reason why I should continue on like this. Doctors don't care and after 2 years of trying everything I can I feel like I'm still the same! I'm so down today :(