PDA

View Full Version : Need some tips to help me out of my low mood

worried 101
18-07-11, 15:43
Hi guys.
I have been feeling ok recently, not had a major low for a while, and when I have felt that I was spiralling down that way I have had my sisters wedding to keep me busy with all the organising which I have found has really helped, as usually nothing can really stop me from going down. But now my sisters had her wedding and it was great but has left me feeling really flat and miserable and I suddenly burst into tears in the car yesterday and spent most of the evening sobbing.I dont want to go back down to my really low mood as I hate it so much.Was wondering if anyone has any tips that help you get out of a low mood when you are in one?
Thanks.xxx

StressedAndDepressed
18-07-11, 17:23
The only one I seem to be able to do is to keep busy, same as you. In the past, when things haven't been so bad, mindless games have helped. Solitaire type ones, mind numbing but have kept me busy and wasted a few hours.

anxiousinsg
19-07-11, 04:48
Hi, sorry that you're feeling down. What has really helped me is to start a new project so I have something to look forward to. It can be like a short trip 3-4 months away. So you can start drawing up plans of where you'd like to go, the budget, research hotels and tourist places. It doesn't even have to be an expensive trip. Just spending some time reading up on the place you'd hope to visit will 1) distract you from feeling low 2) excite you with thoughts of visiting these places. Even if it's a weekend trip, you can research things like what's going on at the place that weekend? Perhaps a farmer's market? Then you can start counting down to your trip.

worried 101
19-07-11, 16:01
thanks for the tips guys,I have been thinking of taking a short break to london with my boyfriend,so guess i could stuck in with planning that and hopefully will take my mind of it...and then I guess I could try out the games idea when I dont have that to focus on! I seem to just go up and down at the momet where Im okish and then get this feeling when your stomach flips and i feel all weird anxious and sad :( hopefully these tips will help though and help me take my mind of things.xxx