PDA

View Full Version : Would you take your pills if they got wet?

kellynwv
01-05-06, 14:56
I know.. this is a stupid question.

The other day I washed my pill holder. Well I thought it was dry. I put my xanax and beta blockers (toprol xl) back in it. I am on it for anxiety not heart problems.

Up until the last week my anxiety was almost gone. Now it is back and without any mercy.

Anyway my pills did get wet. Some of the xanax got wet but I know they are fine to take like that. The beta blockers did not fall apart or anything, but I am afraid to take them. They even look like they still have their coating. My husband said they were fine. They are time released so I am worried sick. I took one yesterday and had a panic attack last night because I thought my blood pressure dropped too low.

Would you take them? I have to take another one at 3:30.. worrying all day.

Thanks.

jackie
01-05-06, 15:55
this is not a stupid question but im sure it is ok to take them . if in doubt fone your doctors or an on calll doctors, they will answer your question for you im sure

sorry i cant be of any real help

jackie

kellynwv
01-05-06, 16:12
You are helpful, just reassurance means a lot.

I called my pharmacist and they said they are to take as long as the coating was still on the.

I am going to take them, and Stop worrying!

lol yeah right :)

Keitharcher
01-05-06, 20:12
Kelly

Consult your doctor, if the coating has dissolved of the time relase pills they may start releasing to soon, however, I dont think this is likely the best way is to give your doc a ring to put your mind at rest

Keith

kellynwv
01-05-06, 21:31
Well I left a message with my doc but have not heard back.

I took it, and so far so good.

I think they are fine.

My husband said when they hit your stomach they get wet anyway LOL.

They weren't falling apart or anything, but the xanax's were.

Thanks!

Keitharcher
02-05-06, 19:46
kelly

Thats right it just that time release dissolve at a slower pace.

Glad things areok

Keith