PDA

View Full Version : I HATE this drug! :( Continuous Palpitations!

CJA09
18-07-11, 17:43
I tried to recently cut down my dose from 20mg to 10mg after a week of feeling unbelievably awful I had an evening where I felt my head would explode and I was having ridiculous amount of palpitations. I gave up giving up and took 20mg again then next day and have done for a week but i'm still having a stupid amount of palps everyday! Is this cause of the drug? Will it go away?

Anxious-in-Canada
18-07-11, 23:44
Hi CJA

Hang in there I am sure you be over the worst of it soon.

Can you see your doctor soon? Perhaps that might be something to explore if they don't go away soon.

Take care

suzy-sue
19-07-11, 00:27
Your dose needs time to settle again ..It will .just try to stay calm and not stress about the palps ..Nice deep relaxing breaths are good to calm you when they start .Im sure you will be ok soon T/c Sue x

Anxious_gal
19-07-11, 00:30
I can't take certain medication because of my tachycardia, so I done think if your prone to palps some medications can make it worse, talk to your doctor about it : )

Catya
20-07-11, 08:54
How long had you been on the drug for? Cutting it by half is a huge jump.
Please take take care.

CJA09
20-07-11, 18:23
Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm still getting them and i hate it :(
have been on anti depressants for 13 years and on escitralopram nearly 3!
will it go away?

Catya
21-07-11, 08:19
Be very careful with your withdrawal. I was on meds for almost 20 years.... 12 of those being on seroxat. Now nearly five years off that drug but still have some residual withdrawal from it. You must do a very slow taper if you want to come off escitalopram.
Take care x