PDA

View Full Version : another day another panic

simi
18-07-11, 19:11
hi all just need to talk really. I have had H.A for many years on and off,but for the last couple of years its never ending get over one thing and another starts. I feel so silly at my age to be like this but it just takes hold as im sure you all know.My mum died last september of lung cancer and I think this made me worse. Ihave a virus at the moment aches and pains everywhere, my husband and daughter-in-law have had the same ,but of course I have something terrible!Just wish I could get on with my life Good to write all this down thanks for a great site :)

cb77
18-07-11, 19:20
hey i dont think you should beat yourself up about this, u hav obviously been through alot recently so it is only natural that you would feel like this no matter how old we are we still have feelings and emotions x

simi
18-07-11, 19:31
Thanks just be nice to be normal and not worry about every ache and pain,it does help that i"m not alone. My family not understand at all x

cb77
18-07-11, 19:44
hey yeah i know i long to be 'normal' again, it does help coming on here and reading pther peoples stories and knowing that i am not alone although it feels like it sometimes, i can't even talk to my family about it they wouldn't understand, i dont think anyone can unless they have been through it themselves. hope u feel better soon xx

dusty41
22-07-11, 15:39
Hiya simi, i sympathise with you completely my HA started a few months after my mum too died from lung cancer,(I cared for her at home untill she passed away) This was the catalysts for my panick attacks. Now I have heath issues about the slightest things, I just wish I could go back to being the "normal " person I was before! But we have to stay strong! The mind is a powerfull thing, I could nt believe that it could bring on physical symtems(which it does) I literally had an argument with my GP about this once ! haha ! Distraction works for me at times of anxiety ! Good luck and stay strong! x

Davinci817
22-07-11, 16:22
I am sorry about your Mothers. Also sorry you are having to deal with HA. Would love to back up five years ago and take away all of the trauma that has got me to this state of thinking. Know it isn't right/normal but when you are in that moment, nothing can stop you it seems. *Hugs*

CBT, Hypnotherapy and accupuncture are slowly getting me over this hump. Of course my HA kicks in and tells me "it isn't going to be fixed and go away". Kind of a nasty little cycle. Have seen great improvements with the therapies but they don't feel so great during a moment of panic lol.