PDA

View Full Version : Advice please - strange head sensations

tapco
18-07-11, 21:44
Hi

For sometime now I've had a strange feeling at the back of my
Head. It's kind of tension but sometimes feels overwhelming like a euphoric feeling. Sadly its not a pleasant one. It makes me feel totally not with it and pretty rough

I've been through the mill like a lot of folk diagnosed with anxiety and have been taking 10mg of citalopram for nearly a year. Wasn't ever convinced to go up in dose because I thought it maybe the meds making me like this

Looking forward to some replies.

paula lynne
19-07-11, 00:53
Hi, first port of call after a year on 10mg is to see your doctor for an MOT, and mention this side effect. Maybe your dose/meds need adjusting? Just a chat could help, just to reassure you that its just an unpleasant side effect. Hope you feel better soon x (check out the search facility, Im sure Ive read something very similar to this before)

Anxious_gal
19-07-11, 03:11
feeling high could be the meds, what you describe doesn't sound like anxiety to me, although it can make you feel hyper and more alert.

Personally when I was on meds I just KNEW which were side effects as I had feelings/sensations that I never had before, they just felt like side effects if that makes any sense.

I would talk to your doc as it may or may not be caused by the meds : )

tapco
19-07-11, 10:43
Thanks for the replies. I think it's just my brain panicking vs the meds. I'm having a bit of a relapse at the moment. In the entire year I cant say I've been 100% whilst taking these pills!

sleepy1
24-07-11, 02:30
I get something similar. I get tension in the front and the back of my head, so I find I'm constantly running my hands through my hair, trying to massage my head. I get it more so when watching TV and sitting down in the evenings, perhaps it is too passive?

I also get burning sensations in the back of my head and have also had that in my neck, back, and back of my legs. This burning sensation is what started my panic attacks off, sort of like a rush to the head or what I would imagine a hot flush to feel like. Very uncomfortable and frankly, scary.

I'm a bit of a hypochondriact with my anxiety now. Not sure if it is the meds or if it is actually me, but I am learning to try to just see them as nothing more than side effects. After all, I have been to a few doctors (walk in centres and my surgery) and they have all put it down to side effects of my medication.

I hope you start to feel better soon. When I feel this coming on I try to get up and make a cup of camomile tea to distract my mind a little. xx

becks xxx
25-07-11, 02:05
Oh my god! I get this EXACT same thing!!!!!! Thought I was the only one!