PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Just joined - just needed to not feel alone - starting Citalopram again

lmb_nj
19-07-11, 01:44
Hi Everyone, I'm Lisa from the US.

Found this site and am going to give it a go! Just wanted feel connected to others in general and in similar situations.

I just started taking Citalopram again - day 4. Will be taking today's dose in two hours. I was on Cit for 5 years or so and weened off this past December - no issues as my Dr was very good at helping with a slow reduction. Was an ok experience. But just this past two weeks I have had reoccurences of anxiety and mild depression. I say these last two weeks, but really I probably was mildly depressed for some time. The anxiety was just a new twist. Tried to handle with my own abilities learned through therapy, but it wasn't enough. complete panic/anxiety attack this thursday at work. Dr has now put me back on it. I'm good with this decision, but the initial side effects have been trying. So I've spent all day searching for others like me.

Live long and prosper (yes a Star Trek fan).

nomorepanic
19-07-11, 01:46
Hi lmb_nj

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

venusbluejeans
19-07-11, 01:48
Hiya Welcome to NMP, We are a friendly bunch and all help each other along. I am sure you will find the site helpful and make some friends too.

I have been taking citalopram too but I am on about my 2nd month. and find it is working a lot.

Welcome again.... :)

lmb_nj
19-07-11, 01:51
thanks for repyling and for the encouragement!

yes I am hopeful about Citalopram. But I am so nervous about it. I had a bad episode yesterday morning and all day. dr is having me reduce the mg and to trying taking it a night. I am anxious about what tomorrow will bring.

venusbluejeans
19-07-11, 01:59
Citalopram takes a while to work, but stick with them hopefully you will start to feel improvement.

good luck in this Journey and hope you get on well with this site :)

M155anthr0p3
19-07-11, 13:18
Hi lmb_nj,

Welcome to the site!!

There is a sticky in the Citalopram forum that I found really helpful, you should have a read!

Emily

xxx

lmb_nj
19-07-11, 13:33
Hi Emily,

Yes I have checked it out - the survival guide. Very useful!

But right now I just want to crawl into a hole and pop out in a few months when the side effects have gone. Wishful thinking! :)

movin497
19-07-11, 13:38
hi everyone monica here
i am also just joined this forum

M155anthr0p3
19-07-11, 13:45
Ahh yes I wish I had a hole too!!!!
We should set up business together selling "holes" - we could make a fortune!!!

xx