PDA

View Full Version : Got to go to work but feeling too ill :(

imjustnotme
19-07-11, 10:37
I really can't afford to not work but I don't think I am physically up for it. I ache all over, I feel sick, my head hurts and I can't even walk around a supermarket without feeling like I'm going to pass out...I'm really panicking cos I'm meant to go to work later and I'm not sure if I can cope with it. Also having to tell my managers makes me want to break down and cry. Started to take new medication 2 days ago and I'm thinking maybe I'm feeling abit worn out from it.

Any advice/help would be great...I'm just so frustrated but feeling so ill at the same time.

Hope38
19-07-11, 10:42
Hi i'm back to work tonight and bricking it. Sounds to me that your not ready as youve only started your meds 2 days ago. I needed 2 weeks for the side effects of mine to wear off. The headaches and nausea sound like side effects to me. x

imjustnotme
19-07-11, 10:46
Good luck! Yeah, i thought the doctor would have signed me off for 2 weeks while the meds get in my system, I don't know what to do but I'm worried if i go in and work i will make myself 10 times worse and be off longer, tricky situation and no one really understands unless they have had anxiety...but thanks for the advice x

geejaybee
19-07-11, 10:50
You should go back to your GP and ask to be off a little longer. I would also advise talking to your employer and keeping them informed. They have a vested interest in you being well enough to return to work in a fit state.
If all that fails then tell yourself its a temporary feeling while you are adjuting to the medication and that you will be better and more able to cope once you get past the first week or so.
Good luck and hope you turn the corner soon.

imjustnotme
19-07-11, 10:54
Yeah, I just don't want to make going to work such a 'big' thing...i'm worried the longer i am off the harder it will be to go back so i feel i need to push myself and just take the pain and feeling ill. I really don't know how I got to this place...before I was just having the odd anxiety attack but now it's a constant 24/7 and I feel trapped.

Tyke
20-07-11, 01:36
It's a difficult one to judge. I went back to work while still feeling quite poorly, but it actually helped my recovery. It can be true that the longer you leave it the harder it is to go back, but it can also be a mistake to go back before you are really up to it. You sound fairly determined and prepared to give yourself a push even if not feeling that great, so if I were you I think I would chance it. It does sound like you are having side effects though and if you feel really crap and unable to cope after starting I would go back and ask the doctor for a sick note.

Tyke

lmb_nj
20-07-11, 15:51
I'm getting nervous about this too. I think I will take a bit more time. At least the rest of this week. Morning's are bad, so I just don't know how to cope with that when at work. I relax (if you call it that) by the afternoon.

Our desire to survive has to outweigh these anxieties.

imjustnotme
20-07-11, 19:38
Just to let you all know, I couldn't do it...I went in but broke down so I'm not ready, been given 2 weeks off, hopefully by then the meds will start working but i am so frustrated and disappointed with myself.

Tyke
21-07-11, 04:48
Don't be too hard on yourself, you just weren't ready yet. It is much harder to do it before your meds have kicked in. I did feel tons better once they started to work properly. Let the medication do it's job then you will feel far more ready to cope with it.

Tyke

KJT
21-07-11, 07:39
You tried. Well done. Many would not have and you now know where your limit is for the moment. Get some rest and be kind to yourself. The more negative talk the worse it gets so I am agree with Tyke, sort your meds and don't be too hard on yourself. In fact -don't be hard at all!

Kx

imjustnotme
22-07-11, 12:56
Thanks for the support guys, it means alot! I need to learn to not be hard on myself but I am...but I need to take time out, focus on me and get some rest as you said but thanks to you all once again

x