PDA

View Full Version : 3 months in

Cat80
19-07-11, 11:10
I have been on 50mg of Sertraline for 3 months now and have noticed I am feeling better. My depression isn't as bad although still there but I can do more. My obsessive thoughts again are still there but nowhere near as intense as they were. The only thing I have noticed is my anxiety has been triggered more while on these meds which isn't good. I am also 3 months in still feeling like a drugged up zombie so it seems this is just how I will feel on them, I am tired all the time and just cannot wake up, even when out and about I am spaced out.

Also I am having a few symptoms but don't know if they are side effects or not? I am peeing loads, as in I will go then 10 mins later need to go again. I am also waking in the night bursting to go, something that never happened before these meds. I am also getting what I call weak feelings where I will suddenly feel very dizzy like I am going to pass out, my legs feel like jelly and I feel sick. It feels like when you need to eat but I get it when I've just eaten and eating something doesn't help it. Also getting night sweats and some brusing which I don't know where from. Anyone else get these symptoms?

Jenny63
19-07-11, 12:41
Yup and am coming off them after 5 weeks and more symptoms than I started with.:wacko:

Cat80
19-07-11, 12:51
Thanks Jenny63.

The side effects are a nightmare but I don't really want to stop taking them because even though I still have depression and ocd thoughts they have improved. It's just my anxiety being back and the fatigue and peeing all the time doing my head in. I feel like a zombie, never really feel here.

I have the Dr on Friday but am scared of mentioning my symptoms incase they take me off them as I can't go back to how I was, also I don't want them upping as I know how hard they are to come off as it is so when I do need to come off them on 50mg it shouldn't be too hard.

Jenny63
19-07-11, 13:17
Good luck Cat

They said they wanted to up my dose at first but then said that if I can't live with the side effects and actually had no improvement then that wasn't the answer.

I am anxious about coming off of them though I must admit. If they have done anything it has been to lesson the panic I get when feeling ill but I don't think that's enough to warrant staying on them with all the side effects I am getting.

Take care

Cat80
19-07-11, 13:39
Thanks again Jenny.

I started on Sertraline just after my birthday towards the end of April, the side effects were much worse than they are now and I fel tno better until about 7 weeks in then suddenly I noticed I felt happier (well much more than I used to), less weepy and able to get out and about more. Was lucky if I was getting out once a week with my Mum or sister but now I go out about 4 times a week mainly alone just so I can do it. I go shopping on town then pop for a latte in Costa Coffee. Something I could never have done before. I'm also looking for voluntary work as we speak.

If the side effects would lessen these would be the best antidepressants I have tried and believe me in the last 4 years I've had about 8 different ones.

I really hope you find something that works for you soon, anxiety and depression are horrible things