PDA

View Full Version : Omeprazole? Take it or not? effects..

duke246810
19-07-11, 18:08
Hi there,

This morning i took my first omeprazole pill for my acid, and not long after ive got Direaha? Im really scared that this is a bad reaction to the pill? As im also getting stomach pain, and im scared to take the next one, whch i should be taking now.. :( any help or tips?

s11fyx
19-07-11, 18:12
i dont think having loose stools is a side affect i would keep taking them as if youve got acid in your stomach oit can cause loose stools id give them a week and see how you feel then x

skyisblue
20-07-11, 12:53
i've been taking omeprazole for almost a week now because of acidity according to my gastroenterlogist.

i read that diarrhea is a common side effect of the meds.

to be honest, i've been feeling a bit better now because of the meds. my stools have been coming out normal for the past 3 days. i still have occasional weird stomach sensation but im just hoping that it's a side effect of the med. i still keep on burping though! i don't know if this is still a side effect.

yorkylover
20-07-11, 13:27
I take these and its the best thing I ever did.:yahoo:
But they can affect different people in different ways.:hugs:

worried91
20-07-11, 13:31
The side-effects might pass when your body gets used to them so persevere. It might just have been a random co-incidental bout of loose stools which we all, especially anxiety sufferers, get from time to time.

In any case I wouldn't stop taking them unless your doctor tells you to.

kibbutz83
20-07-11, 14:29
Hi, I was given lansoprazole a while back, as the gastroenterologist thought he saw excess stomach acid while sticking a camera down my nose... I took them for about 3 weeks, and felt so much worse :( So I stopped. I think that sometimes conventional medicine can exacerbate our symptoms, because they don't look at "cause and effect", they just look at the presenting symptoms, which may have an unknown underlying cause which needs treating before any improvement can be made. I believe that the symptoms of too little stomach acid can mimic the symptoms of too much :( We need a certain amount of acid in our guts to digest our food, and to kill off infection... I very rarely get heartburn symptoms these days, because I decided to take my health into my own hands, and read-up about the things that were causing my problems :) Wheat, caffeine, meat, most dairy, alcohol, stress... It's perfectly possible for us to be our own doctor, after all who knows our bodies better than we do? I hated changing the bad habits of a lifetime, but those bad habits were killing me, so what choice did I have? :( ps vitamins and minerals are also important as they help to build up a depleted nervous system :)