PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Hi

Pink_Girl
19-07-11, 21:43
Hi

I am new here as a member but have been looking at the forum for a number of weeks. Have found that you all seem to be a helpful and friednly lot.

I decided to join today as I have finally realised that for all I can talk to friends and family, I feel I would benefit from talking to people who have had or are going through similar experiences.

I am 25 and have suffered with anxiety for a number years on and off. Most recently in April my anxiety rose to an unmanagable level and also realised that I had been feeling depressed for a while too. I did seek help from my dr and was put on citalopram. I feel I have come a long way since april but I am at a point where I know I still have a long way to go and hope that joing you all here will help to support me to keep heading in the right direction.

xTx

diane07
19-07-11, 21:45
Hi Pink_Girl

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
19-07-11, 21:46
Welcome aboard, glad you decided to join us. x:welcome:

lmb_nj
19-07-11, 22:01
Hi Pink_Girl,

Welcome. I am starting citalopram (again) I feel I've been telling a lot of people on this site my story. I found the site last night and have been using it as a way to connect to people to help manage my first few days on cit. I see that you have been on cit since April.

Can you tell me anything about your side effects for the first week? That's where I am at. I am trying hard to cope and just know they are side effects but it's been hard.

Knowing others stories are helpful.

Hope you find the support you need!

Lisa

Pink_Girl
19-07-11, 22:20
Hi Lisa

I don't know if you really want to hear the first week bit lol. I see you said you are starting again. how long did you take it for previously?

Let's just say I had lots and lots of side effects for the first 2-3 weeks.
- ridiculous yawning
- increased anxiety
- agoraphobia
- very very low in mood
- insominia
- exhaustion
- no appetite
- total hopelessness
- upset stomache
- sweating profusely

In short I felt 100% worse than I had felt before I started taking Cit. But I stuck it out! some of the side effects are still with me, have some insomnia and I am a far more tired on this med than I have ever been in my life but now I have good days which I hadn't had for such a long time I realise.

What dose have you started on? I was on 10mg then 20mg after first few days.

Txx

lmb_nj
19-07-11, 22:32
Hi Pink_Girl,

UGH! I started with 10 mg, but was so manic that dr said to switch to 5mg last night and the next two nights. I have bad mornings: anxiety, loss appetite, nervous stomach, sweating and these head rush tingling things going on. I had insomnia before and my dr has me on ambien for the time being so I can sleep while going through these side effects. ugh ugh ugh.

I was on Paxil for a few years starting late 2001 and at some point switched to Cit - probably at least 5 years I was on it. I know at one point I was at 40 mg, but the last year or so was on 20 mg. That's why I went off. I felt "good". I think when I went from 40 to 20, I did something like 40 then 20 then 40 then 20. I didn't just go down to 20. But really i can't remember. I also was tired - or at least I could easily take naps during the day!

I don't remember the cit side effects because I weened from paxil on to cit. Paxil I remember nervousness, anxiety and insomnia. But that's what I was experiencing because I had depression/anxiety so it wasn't any different then my usual state.

Since for the last bit I was feeling fine, until "my attack" as I call it. So now these side effects are "new" feelings.

Lisa

venusbluejeans
20-07-11, 00:04
Welcome to NMP Pink Girl, I hope you find all the help you need here and make some good friends along the way ::smile:

M155anthr0p3
20-07-11, 09:03
Hi pink girl,

Welcome to the site!
I am on day 20 of Prozac and am just starting to feel better.
I too still feel like I need support and this site is great for that.

Emily xxx

carefree68
20-07-11, 10:01
Hi Pink Girl,

Glad you joined us.

xLx

terror-x
20-07-11, 10:05
welcome to the forum hope we can help