PDA

View Full Version : head pains

april tones
05-04-04, 21:17
does any one get feelings of pressure on there scalp? like someone prodding them or pulling few strands of hair? sometimes sharp pains too?i also get burning sensations on parts of body but not sure if thats side effect of tablet?

apriltones

kate
05-04-04, 21:34
Hiya April,

The feelings of pressure that you describe are the muscles in the head tensing.

Feels horrible doesn't it, but it is all down tension.

I don't know about the burning sensations, sorry, but I'm sure someone else on here will be able to help you.

Take care

Kate x

april tones
05-04-04, 21:57
thanks kate! i spoke to you befor about my pnd didnt i? how long did it take to fully recover?x

apriltones

kate
05-04-04, 22:09
Hiya April,

It took about 3 months or so before I really started to feel better.

Stayed on the meds for about 6 months altogether.

Stick with them, April, you WILL come out the otherside, I promise!

Kate x

Panikki
06-04-04, 10:09
Hi April,
When i started meds 4 yrs ago i had all sorts of strange head sensations but i also had that with my anxiety too, prior to meds. The ones i got when on meds were like some-one stabbing me through the side of the head with a knitting needle..strange comparison! At the time these really scared me but I think you'll find that with anxiety/panic/depression most people get alot of tension in the head/scalp/face ..as well as the rest of the body!!This tends to be the main cause of these symptoms.
I've just come off meds and have been experiencing burning pains on my head this i compare to a hot poker being placed on scalp!!! Again i put this down to the changes my brain is going through and the stress of it having to cope without it's 'fix' (anti-depressants)it could be the anxiety i have had since stopping the meds.. who knows. The thing you have to remember is that it's 'normal' to most suffers with problems like ours to experience all sorts of strange and scarey symptoms ..try not to focus on it too much and dont fret that theres something wrong..Things will get better for you ..also all meds can produce unwanted side effects these usually ease off eventually so stick with it!! Take Care JODIE

J Baker

Jules31
06-04-04, 10:53
Hi

I get lots of different sorts of headaches and odd head feelings both with and without meds. I get lots of muscular tension in my head and have had hot patches all over my body. It was worse when I was getting constantly burning adrenalin rushing all over but I still get odd spots. I told my Dr about it and he put it all don't to anxiety.Don't worry you will be fine

Jules

april tones
06-04-04, 12:06
thanks all for advice. if you want to ask me any thing then go ahead. I am going to stick with meds, wish i took them sooner. I thought i would take them when i found this sight and read a few things.it makes a change people experiencing same as you. My fiance is brilliant, my friends not so good. They dont understand and i wouldnt waste any time telling them as i wouldnt get any thing back. its funny how people dont understand. My one friend seems to think she would never get deppression or any think as she is strong minded, silly, i know! take care, april

apriltones

kate
06-04-04, 14:00
Hiya April,

Good for you sticking with the med's, they will help in the end.

Let's hope your friend never has to experience depression/anxiety. It can of course affect anyone, no matter how strong minded!!

Take care

Kate x

bananarbabe
12-06-04, 03:13
Hi,

I've been experiencing minor anxiety symptoms lately just because of stress. I think I've been coping okay but I don't know if this is a symptom but I've been getting dull head pains. I wouldn't say that it feels like someone stabbing me in the head, but it feels dull and then goes away.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with headaches?

Chris

Meg
12-06-04, 10:16
Often anxiety headaches are referred to as head band aches as that is where they tend to appear.
Relaxation is the answer to them going soonest.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

ana
12-06-04, 11:02
Hey April!
I get a headache when I am under a lot of stress. I think it is just another panic reaction..
You said that it was funny how people don't understand. Yeah, it is... It took months for my parents to realize what is happening to me!
Take care
Ana

april tones
12-06-04, 20:19
hi ana, sorry ive not emailed you, its a long story and me being lazy. I cant send emails off bt interenet for some reason, i have to come off and connect to virgin so thats why i dont reply or take a while, sorry x x

apriltones

Peter
04-08-04, 17:47
Hi April,

Have the same problem with head pains. Had a problem with a root canal treatment that I had done. Pains started to get really bad after they fixed up my tooth. What I was doing apparently was grinding my teeth very hard in my sleep and this led to a lot of tension across my face, head and neck. My neck in particular felt really tense. Had the tooth removed, socket became infected etc.

To cut a long story short, the tension returned. What helps me a great deal is wrapping a towel around my neck before I go to bed. The idea been that it keeps your neck warm during the night and loosens the muscles. Has worked a treat for me.

All the best
P

Meg
04-08-04, 18:01
A massage is great too and if grinding is still an issue a mouth guard helps that one .

Meg