PDA

View Full Version : Fear of condition

valley
20-07-11, 04:25
Hi all,
I haven't been on in a while because my anxiety really seemed under control. I just recently started grad school and have been super stressed with all the homework, reading, paper writing, etc. It's an advanced program and I'm really overwhelmed with work! Anyways, I think all that stress has caused my anxiety to flare up. One of my classes is abnormal Psychology/mental health, and we are reading about all sorts of mental disorders. Well, we got to the chapter on somatoform disorders and started reading about all of the horrible symptoms people have that are "in their head" with no apparent physical cause. One that stuck out to me for some reason was "urninary retention." I think this caught my eye because one of my anixety/panic attack symptoms has been frequent urination. So, now I am basically panicking and am so afraid of developing this somatoform urinary retention disorder. I know it's completely irrational, but I feel like this is one of those things where thinking about it too much will make it happen. I dont know my my brain focuses on some symptoms as opposed to others, it's just bizzarre what the anxious mind does. Anyways, I'm not sure if anyone here has experienced this type of health anxiety, but anything you can share would be appreciated. I can't get in to see my therapist for another month and am really freaking out. :weep:
Valley