PDA

View Full Version : Having a really hard time Cancer fears

Donski
20-07-11, 09:24
Hi everyone

I have had a history of HA but for the past two years or so have not been troubled at all. Previously I had worries of HIV - every little symptom I had pointed to that. I fell pregnant in 2010 and of course was tested then which came back negative. I had a great pregnancy and didnt once worry about my health (v strange!) - this continued for the past year however I am now back at work and it is starting to slowly creep back I am terrified of having cancer dying and leaving my baby!

Last week I had the start of a cold which turned into a bad cough - lung cancer. I also had a pain at the top of my right breast (breast cancer) this pain has now moved to the front and back of my shoulder and down my arm. I also have a spot/ulcer on the front of my tongue so adding to the breast and lung I also have oral cancer. I am mess. I know I should go to the doctor but I am terrified.

My husband isnt very supportive and either just laughs or shakes his head every time I tell him my worries. His mums cousin was diagnosed with brain cancer a couple of weeks ago - he said that for years she was a hypochondriac so when she started complaining of headaches no one listened!!! This story has also freaked me out.

Thank you for reading this far

Donna

ItchyOne
20-07-11, 09:50
I too, get jumpy at every new symptom. And I find it very difficult get my wife to fully understand my condition, but I don't blame her. Before I get my first anxiety episode, I admit I wasn't very supportive over my brother's OCD problems either. I suppose it takes one to understand another.
If you need to get reassurance from a doctor, by all means, do it. But I'm pretty sure you're fine. :)

fretty freda
30-07-11, 01:51
your going no were i reckon 99 percent of people who get cancer never thought for one minute they had it was something the doctor referred on not something the patient went in worried about i am the same as you though read mine x