PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated

haziefantasie
20-07-11, 10:32
Hi everyone

Ive been feeling some improvement recently, have had a few good days & things seemed to be moving forward. I had my first counselling session on friday which went really well - I felt comfortable with the therapist & talked about some very sensitive things considering it was my first session.

However, Ive now had a call advising due to 'unforeseen circumstances' I can no longer see that therapist & theyve cancelled my session this friday! Theyve said I can see a different person on tuesday, but I dont know if I can go as Im meant to be starting my new job on monday.

So Im just so frustrated, I know it sounds mad but I feel like Ive been rejected & that people dont want to help me. What if my issues are so bad that the other therapist felt he couldnt help me? What if Im a helpless case, will I just keep seeing different therapists, telling them this stuff thats so hard to talk about over & over again? It feels like everytime Im getting somewhere I hit a brick wall, I dont know what to do.

Im so anxious about starting my new job, I really needed that support to help me get through it. Ive been off work for 7 weeks now & I dont feel like I can do it now, what am I going to do? :weep:

emmi
20-07-11, 10:49
you will be ok luv see the new therapist don't think they don't want to see you they are probably referring you to someone with more experience i am going tomorrow i think they may need a whole team to deal with me lol x

haziefantasie
21-07-11, 12:31
Hi Emmi

Thanks for your reply :hugs:

Am feeling a bit better today, & am thinking a bit more rationally! Im sure its not my fault that theyve changed my therapist, its just one of my issues that I take everything personally. Ironically thats something I need to discuss in counselling lol.

Am still very anxious about starting work but Ive got my friends & family to talk to & Ill keep coming on here for advice aswell, youll be sick of me soon.

Hope your session goes well if you havent had it already, let us know how you get on x

emmi
21-07-11, 23:57
hi luv went to my first session today was just an introduction really cause of my anxiety and depression is pmdd basically my hormones set me off sat here now getting wound up for being a shadow of my former self so hopefully tomorrow my fighting instinct is going to kick in and start to fight back we can do this x