PDA

View Full Version : My boyfriend said he's lost his libido?

Lizziesaurus
20-07-11, 11:15
I thought I'd post this here to get some male opinions on this one.
We've only been going out about 2 months and recently we've been having alot of heart to hearts, my depression and mood swings have been very abrupt and I'll be honest I've not been the nicest person :blush:
On Sunday however he said he'd lost his libido, I asked why but said he didn't know. We've jumped straight in at the deep end in our relationship, practically living together etc but last week he seemed fine. My antidepressants (venlafaxine 150mg) have made my libido fluctuate I admit but I still want to have sex.
I'm now anxious and paranoid that it's something I've said and/or done.

Is there anything I can say or do to help? Should I maybe just try to initiate sex and see what happens? I love him to bits and as barmy as it sounds I know he's my soulmate and I don't want anything to ruin what we have.

kibbutz83
20-07-11, 14:42
Hi Lizzie, tbh I'm not sure it's a good idea to ask complete strangers how you should deal with your relationship issues :( You may get 20 responses all saying different things, and then you will just be more confused... have you considered counselling? I found it to be really helpful :) Good luck

peter34uk
23-07-11, 08:20
Hi Lizzie,

Surprisingly enough alot of guys go through this. I did and in the end saw a Sexual health counsellor.

But in the end its all mental and he will go back to normal.

Rest easy and just try to relax him with NO pressure. Let him come to you and assure him that if you try having sex and it doesnt happen for you, its no big deal.

Or even just say that for the next few weeks, you just want to cuddle in bed with now sex allowed. Trust me that takes away ALL the pressure!

And it doesnt cure in 5 mins cause his confidence will be low so give it time. This happens to MOST guys so rest easy, its not just you guys!!!

Lizziesaurus
25-07-11, 07:54
Thanks for the replies. Whatever it was seems to have passed, he's not an overly confident person, maybe that just got the better of him. Yesterday we had a lovely day! :D

macc noodle
25-07-11, 08:26
Hey Lizzie

Am not a man BUT just wanted to say given that you are coming off your meds - you are more thank likely going to possibly over worry about the smallest of things so my advice to you would be.......................... dont even worry about his issues until you feel strong enough to deal with them after you have withdrawn from your meds.

Be kind to yourself and look after yourself.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx