PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel ill all the time

GillT
02-05-06, 10:20
I ended up at A&E. I didnt even realise it was panic. just felt so terrible I thought I would die. Nor did the doctors - they just sent me home and I was in bed for 2 days feeling terrible, nauseous and shaking. Trouble is I still feel dreadful, like I have a mixture of flu and a hangover with headaches and tingly feelings going through my body. Its day after day and never goes even when I dont feel stressed. Can anyone else identify with this. Sometimes I cant bear it and I really dont know why it wont go. Should I be taking some medication. I am seeing my gp later but not optimistic.

Miss Pink
02-05-06, 10:36
Hi Gill,

I can definately identify with your symptoms. I go through phases where I feel like I have the flu/hangover every day. I went to the Doctor and all my blood tests came back fine and when I started some exercise the symptoms did get a little better. Do you have any other symptoms? - I have some sinus problems and that can make you feel tired etc

When you go to your Doctors, make sure you tell him exactly how you feel and if your tests come back all clear, you will know that its just anxiety.

Hope you get on ok, let us know

Take Care

‹(•¿•)› Rachael xx ‹(•¿•)›

ceecee
02-05-06, 10:39
hi gillt totally new to this forum hope you are well.really do understand where you are coming from i feel the same way!!!!and its awful when you have to try and carry on and go to work etc hope you feeel better soon take care rachel

GillT
02-05-06, 10:57
Thanks. Its really nice to know your not on your own with this. Yes Miss Pink that is where my problems all started - with chronic sinusitis and infections caused by allergies which has been making really depressed and worried. At first I thought I felt so ill just because of the sinusitis - ive had it for 3 years - but looking back the stress symptoms must have started somewhere along the way. I dont even know when as ive felt so ill for so long. Its really hard to explain it all the doctors.Ive had loads of blood tests for everything and all clear except for an underactive thyroid for which Im now on tablets. Just dont know how to go about feeling better.

Miss Pink
02-05-06, 19:41
Hi again Gill,

You sound so much like me ! I think maybe we could both could put down our "ill feelings" to a combination of anxiety & sinus related problems. I know what you mean about not knowing how to explain it all to your Doctor - I wouldn't know where to start !

Have you had any allergy tests? I have some coming up in June. At the minute I'm on a nasal spray - but it doesn't really seem to help - still can't breathe through the right side of my nose very well.

Maybe too, if your similar to me and not able to breathe too well through your nose, we could be shallow breathing for the majority of the day and that can make you lethargic, dizzy, anxious etc

I don't know - I'm just throwing ideas around as usual (always looking for an answer!)

As for feeling better, fresh air seems to help and relaxation. Do you use any relaxation cd's?

ok, rambling again so I'm off!

Take Care

‹(•¿•)› Rachael xx ‹(•¿•)›

jackie
02-05-06, 21:02
oh yes this is me most days but the fact is that although you do not always feel stressed there is an undercurrent in us all of anxiousness and we are always deep down fearing the return of the symptoms. that is why the y continue to haunt us. it is our fear of them that keeps them coming

you are sooo not alone i promise

jackie

GillT
03-05-06, 10:17
Yes I've had all the allergy tests -MEGA allergic to everything plus I had an anaphylactic shock a few years ago and got panic attacks after that. Im on nose drops for sinus problems as well - dont seem to do much good though. I agree that its quite hard to know which symptoms are from sinus and which from stress especially if you get an infection. You would think it would be obvious but is SO isnt! The main thing with sinusitis I think is to avoid the triggers but its pretty hard to avoid moulds, pollens etc. I now have to avoid going in all sorts of places with any damp, housedust or cats etc. I think that is where my latest stress symptoms started - I even got really ill after staying in a hotel. Saw the gp yesterday and she gave me leaflets on panic attacks/disorder. If you read them you would think that you get a panic attack and then you are all right again til you get another one but it doesnt seem to work like that does it? I feel really ill a lot of the time like I am in one big minor panic attack sometimes. I suddenly can feel REALLY ill for no reason when I should be relaxed like if I'm with friends or walking. It can be so random. Thank you for your support everybody its good to feel Im not alone.

Daisybun
03-05-06, 10:23
Its interesting you mentioned an underactive thyroid, that can cause all sorts of symptoms that can lead to anxiety, as can an overactive one - I've had both!! Getting the medication level right can really help so keep an eye on the results of blood tests and if you still don't feel right make sure you speak up.[8D]