PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

Icemaiden
20-07-11, 13:49
Hi, I'm a newbie, Joined the forum for some support and advice. I have been diagnosed with clinical depression which i have only just got the courage to seek help with been like this for probably a year or so now.

My Dr has signed me off work for the time being and put me on Citalopram 20mg per day and i'm awaiting and appointment to see a Councillor.
Heres to the first steps to recovery :)

M155anthr0p3
20-07-11, 13:51
Hi icemaiden,

Welcome to the site and well done for taking those first steps - they are the hardest!

Emily xxx

diane07
20-07-11, 13:51
Hi Icemaiden

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

jenkins
20-07-11, 13:53
i have been given the same advice , do you find that if you have had stress in the passed that you have just kept it to yourself ? x

Icemaiden
20-07-11, 16:03
Thanks for the warm welcome :)
@Jenkins, I've probably been like this for a while when i think about it, I have a pretty stressful job and put a lot down to that ... It gave me the excuse I needed to not face up to the reality to tell the truth but when you start crying and getting paranoid for no reason in the middle of the day you know it's time to face up to things and try sort it out. x

lmb_nj
20-07-11, 16:06
Hello,
Good for you taking the first steps! Please let us know how you are progressing on therapy and taking citalopram. I'm in the same boat with the med, just a bit ahead on day 6. Also, waiting to get an appointment with a therapist.

Here's to our recovery!
Lisa

paula lynne
20-07-11, 16:06
Welcome aboard Ice Maiden, glad to have you with us! Facing up to stuff is so hard, but will be a breakthrough for you, even though is hell in the beginning. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, and we are all here to support you x:welcome: