PDA

View Full Version : just need to tell someone...

lmb_nj
20-07-11, 15:17
Hi All,

just need to post something as I'm home alone right now and needed to connect. It's been a tough couple of days and I'm using this sight as an anchor.

I made the step to call a therapist just now. Had to leave a message and am now waiting for the reply.

Day 6 of citalopram and it's been rough with side effects. I just don't know if my anxiety is drivng my feelings or if the citalopram is raising my anxiety level.

Today is a bit of a baby rollercoaster. I had a good night last night for a couple hours between 8 and 10 pm and was hoping it would have stayed with me until today. But not the case as my legs are restless. And I'm a bit anxious about making decisions. This is how my anxiety resurfaced i am thinking. I believe I needed to make life changing decsions because I wasn't happy with my work situation or living away from my family, who are in another state. Nothing presented before me seemed doable - of course I would make excuses (and hopefully therapy will address this).

Now I'm thinking I need to decide if I go on short term disability or not. Because I'm not feeling that well and going back to work in this condition is not what I want to do. I told my boss I needed a few days because of this(explained my situation confidentially), thinking that's all I needed. He was understanding and said take the time you need to recover. I just need to know now if in say three days time I'm good to function at work. I know I won't know that, but that's how I am . I need to resolve things. Nothing can be "go with the flow".

Anyway thanks for listening. As I said this site has been my crutch for the last few days.

Lisa

carefree68
20-07-11, 16:24
Hi Lisa,
You poor thing. I can not predict how I will feel in the next 5 mins let alone in 3 days time. You need to be patient I believe, take one tiny step at a time, try not to give yourself too much to think about, think about the here and now. I know its difficult, but take the time off to chill out and relax. Try looking at the Tips on here see if they can help...some of them helped me. Good luck hun.

Lisa x

paula lynne
20-07-11, 16:28
Hi lmb, Lisa has given some great advice there. Take each day as it comes. Dont give up on wellness, you will get through it. Lots of people struggle for a month or 2 on Cit, but there is light at the end of the tunnel because it makes so many people feel better. Be patient with yourself, dont beat yourself up. All the best to you x

lmb_nj
20-07-11, 17:17
Thanks for caring! It's a relief to have an outlet like this one.